Lakers-OLD NEWS!

If questioned about who the teams in LA were last year most people would say Lakers and that other team. This year however the Lakers will be the number 2 team behind my beloved Clippers.

With Chris Paul now running the point and Chauncey Billups at shooting guard they look like a completely new team adding to Blake Griffin and De Andre Jordan not to mention the addition of Carton Butler, they ARE the elite team in the west.

Now back to the number 2's Kobe Bryant is still pretty good I guess but he's the only player in that team that's doing any work. I could definitely go on but I'll just say one more thing RON ARTEST YOUR NAME IS NOT METTA WORLD PEACE!

Topic #27159 | Report this topic

Sorry accidentally pressed spoiler

Reply #344118 | Report this post

Port  
Years ago

You don't think it is a bit premature saying clippers are the elite west team?

Are you forgeting about OKC?

I did up my a prediction list a few days ago, had this as my Western top 5

1. OKC
2. Dallas
3. Clippers
4. Portland (despite the the horrible luck with B Roy and Oden)
5. Lakers

Reply #344131 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

and considering Dallas won last year and the Clippers haven't done squat except win a pre season game

Reply #344136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also Billups & Butler have to stay healthy for the Clippers to be a major threat in the West

Reply #344142 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Dallas definately the team to beat. Saying the Clippers are the team to beat is silly and premature. Remember Dallas have added Odom too. Nowitski still probably the best big forward going around as well when fit.

Reply #344147 | Report this post

themvpiskb24  
Years ago

Dallas has Vince Carter, therefore no repeat...they don't have the defense they did off their bench nor in the starting 5 like last year

Reply #344150 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Clippers added Reggie Evans today. Jordan / Griffin / Evans up front - very good defensive / rebounding combination, and great finishers at the other end.

They need a swingman who can hit the three and play some perimeter D and they have the right pieces to be a top 2 or 3 team in the West

Reply #344157 | Report this post

sydney kingz  
Years ago

Im prety sure lakers wont be referred to as the "other team" you got something wrong with you or something? 16 championships doesnt mean anything does it? Its just that the clipps will get more noticed now, the lakers will allways be the number 1 team in LA, even if they are bellow clipps on standings

Reply #344168 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Anybody seen the movie 'Drive'. The best part of that movie was the first five minutes. Clippers fans know why.

Reply #344175 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

The best part of Drive was the first five minutes? what, did you turn it off after that? :P

Reply #344184 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Other than billups you have no one who has won diddly squat. Get back to me in June...

They'll be fun to watch, But you aren't winning in the post season with vinny del Negro calling the shots believe me...

Reply #344205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man those Clippers are exciting to watch! While i'm unsure on Vinny Del Negro, they are starting to play some defense, and with Jordan protecting that paint like he is, that's a future championship team.

Reply #344207 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Lakers will go hard for Howard - u watch!!

Reply #344222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lakers don't really have any assets to give to Orlando for Howard, and Orlando are going to ask for a rather high price for his services. So Lakers can wish but i think it's soon going to be time to rebuild for the lake show.

Reply #344227 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I caught the Clips V Lakers game today and I actually think the Lakers won't be that bad. Blake will fit Brown's system a hell of a lot better and proved that today, and if Bynum maintains that form watch out. Kobe back healthy, more options from the perimeter and I think people are righting them off too quickly. Even Fish seems to have dropped some weight and moved a hell of a lot better.

Reply #344244 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:57 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754