Inertiatic
Years ago

#24 for Woodville Under 18s Div 2

Can someone tell me who is #24 for Woodville Under 18s Div 2? This guy looks like he's got some potential! He looks around about 6'4", strong, athletic (he dunked very easily two handed in warmups of the game I saw at The Dome the other week), quick for his size, great defender, good passer, creative on offense. He looks very unpolished though, so with some coaching I think this guy could be a good player.

Topic #2716 | Report this topic

Take Luck  
Years ago

this is damo, he looks unpolised because he has only played for a few years, but his current coach has been work with him for the last 2 seasons and he is improving

Reply #30582 | Report this post

elvis  
Years ago

big damo is a unit, he throws it down every warm up. his coach is doin a great job, he is bringing damon to his full potential

Reply #30583 | Report this post

Inertiatic  
Years ago

You know him cos you play with him I assume? What sorta name is damo anyway? Is he like an immigrant or something? lol jokes.... I am not racist!

Reply #30584 | Report this post

elvis  
Years ago

nah his full name is damon, the boyz jus call him damo as a nic name

Reply #30586 | Report this post

Inertiatic  
Years ago

Oh ok.... lol.... just like damon stoudamire.... but from what I saw he would be better suited to the name amare.... but anyway.... lol

Reply #30589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If this guy is big, athletic and is such a good defensive player, couldn't Woodville's 18s Div 1 side use him? Are the big guys in Div 1 better than him or is there another reason?

Reply #30623 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

they guys in div 1 are better all round players, and have been playing onger so they have a better understanding of the game. and y would u want to change that team, they have lost 1 game this season.

Reply #30679 | Report this post

skipp  
Years ago

Inertiatic this seems a little suspicious.. Why pick 24 a player from one of the weakest teams in the league? Theres other big guys in the league too. Who are you

Reply #30682 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Take Luck

Not that it matters too much, but Woodville u18 div 1 have lost twice so far. Sturt beat them by around 20, and Southern beat them by the same amount. They also still have to play West and Forestville, both tough games. So they are actually not going that well at the moment.
Still, your point is fair - the bigs in that team, especially Brad, are better than the guy in div 2.

Reply #30683 | Report this post

Inertiatic  
Years ago

In response to skipp - I was at The Dome a couple of weeks ago and saw this guy playing. He looked like an alright player so I asked who he was.

Reply #30684 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

ohh sorry, sporting pulse hasnt been updated yet

Reply #30721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skipp, I think the last thing Damo would do would be come on here and try and talk himself up and get himself noticed. Anyone who knows him will know that he's not that sorta person.

Reply #30788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dunking it is not a good indicator to tell whether a player is good or not.

Reply #30806 | Report this post

its pat  
Years ago

i no a guy n he can dunk but he is crap thats all he wants 2 do is dunk i play with him i want 2 slap him coz he gets a travel almost every time so he might dunk in worm up that dont mean he is good

(Mod: Attention parents of this child -- English tutoring for Christmas, please.)

Reply #30897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldnt say Damo even really cares about dunking that much. He doesn't try it during games, just warmups, cos he cares much more about winning than making himself look good and showing off.
He can do other things than dunk but he's got a lot of improvement he can still make obviously.

Reply #30901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trust a bunch of Woodville scrubbers to keep this POINTLESS thread going for so long!!!! "#24 for Woodville under 18s Div 2"... come on.. give me a break!!

Reply #31053 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

Individuals from a Div 2 team, this thread should have been finished long ago. Basketball is a team game, and div 2 is not the highest div.

Reply #31056 | Report this post

snoop  
Years ago

North 1 is unstoppable and they only have seven players. I saw them play South 2 round 6 and they won the game too easily 67-17 they probably are going to win again this season and are still unbeaten.

Reply #31302 | Report this post

snoop  
Years ago

If you think Damo is good there is this guy in North div 3 side he can dunk, block, rebound and he is only 6 foot. I saw him catch an ally dunk in a game but he is not playing in Div 1.Believe it or not i have seen him touch the top of the black box he is a freak.

Reply #31307 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

so why is he div 3...

Reply #31338 | Report this post

snoop  
Years ago

He was originally in the div2.2 North team but Norwood got in two teams before North and so they had to be dropped from the div2 comp. The other thing is North is too political and 3 div1 players only made the team because their parents are sponsors of the club.

Reply #31435 | Report this post

snope  
Years ago

snoop. it appears taht you talk a lot of exaggerated non sense. i would much prefer u sticking to the basics of basketball and stop talking about North and them winning. We all know that if someone was half decent they would be playing in a higher div then that

Reply #31857 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

MOST POINTLESS THREAD EVER! Oooooh dunks in the warm ups...he must be super man!

"Trust a bunch of Woodville scrubbers to keep this POINTLESS thread going for so long!!!! "#24 for Woodville under 18s Div 2"... come on.. give me a break!!"

...I totally agree with that dude...except for the scrubber part...long live woodville!

Reply #33397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know #24 is no good he should get a life and let us div1 players do the dunking. Please do not think you are all that

Reply #33400 | Report this post

Damon  
Years ago

I was told that this thread existed by a guy at my school on the weekend. I've never posted on this site before and was surprised that I was mentioned.

I definately don't feel that I am that great a player, so I don't think I need to be singled out for special attention on this forum.I mean big deal that I dunked in warmups. Have you never seen a guy dunk the ball before? It doesn't make me a good player. I have a lot more improvement to make in all areas of my game, and dunking isn't really a priority in my opinion. There are better players in my team that would be worthy of mention on this site than me (if it is really necessary to talk guys up at all).

As some anonymous posters have said before in this thread, anyone who knows me realises I'm probably one of the last guys who would ever talk himself up, firstly because I'm aware that I'm not that great (I'm a second year Under 18 and I'm not in Div 1), and I'm NOT a cocky, loud, self-centred, egotistical attention grabber. I don't care if I get noticed because I'm not playing basketball for fame. I would play tennis if I wanted individual recognition. I play because I want our team to win and enjoy the sport.

SO..... it would be good if people could stop making it look as though I'm talking myself up, because I had no idea that this thread existed before last Saturday (7/5/05), and it looks as though it was started a long time before that (19/4/05).

I like the comment from skipp though. He must know his stuff, saying that we (Woodville 18 2s) are one of 'the weakest teams in the league'. I don't think 5th position out of 12 teams is all that weak, but thats just me.....

Reply #33745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

damon, or negyven_negy. That you also isn't it?

Reply #33773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone so has to let him go now! That was a fair good eplanation there by him!

Reply #33774 | Report this post

Damon  
Years ago

No anonymous, it isn't me. Like I said, I haven't posted on here before Thursday.

Reply #33812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is a player from sturt and we played woodville tonite for state champs. I have to say that this damon boy and woodville team is nothing flash. they are unsportsmanlike and do not play the game of basketball the way it should be played.

Reply #34007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damo i read what you wrote and come uot and admit you did no know of the sight. I know respect you more for what you wrote.I apologise for my arrogant talk about you and i hope you become a better player.

Reply #34020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

damo it's obvious you started this forum yourself. i mean, who would come on here to talk up a DIV 2 player or even notice him in the first place? i mean come on....

Reply #34080 | Report this post

number 50  
Years ago

#24 for woodville is not as good as all u people are saying i saw him play on the weekend and he couldnt shoot or do anything constructive all he did was watse time on the court for players who were constructive

Reply #34085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

number 50 you're from Centrals right? I believe Damo scored 12 of his teams 35 points, including 6 in the last quarter to give his team the double-digit victory after the game was close in the first 3 quarters.
And if you're talking about the games against Sturt and North, Damo was playing with a badly sprained ankle and was nowhere near his best. The guy couldn't walk without limping and could barely run or jump at all. Considering that the North game didn't really matter much (playoff for 5th place), I think the fact that he even put in the effort to play 35+ minutes deserves a bit of credit in my opinion.

Reply #34091 | Report this post

Damon  
Years ago

Sturt player, let me get this straight. Playing hard, aggressive defense and giving our best effort when we had a number of players carrying injuries and were without our regular coach is not the way to play basketball? Ok then.....
You were getting the calls from the refs anyway AND you won by 40 so what do you have to complain about? Our "unsportsmanlike" play obviously didn't cramp your (soft) style too much. I think you should toughen up a bit and realise that there is actually a bit of a physical element to the game of basketball as well as being a glamourous scorer.
This seems like Ray Allen vs. Bruce Bowen to me.....
Get over it guys. You won. Isn't that why you play the game? Or is complaining about a few little pushes and holds on your jersey the real motivation for you?

Reply #34092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

take up chess if your that soft sturt

Reply #34093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

had a feeling that damo started this himself but didnt think he would have enough time to do it then again....... guess im not the only one quite sad...indeed and who would notice a div 2 player anyway
geez

Reply #34095 | Report this post

Inertiatic if u r not infact Damon y do u care who he is. Now u have the information what are u gonna do with it. Nothing!!! Do u know why? It is because u r Damon. Just talking urself up a bit more are u Damon. U should really get a life. Spend the time u spend on making up crappy little stories on the internet and spend it trying to improve ur game. Learn how to play the game and then talk urself up

Reply #34135 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

i guess only Isaac would be able to tell us is any of the anon's, Negyuen_negy, Damon, and inertiatic are the same people, because he has the IP power! If they are SHAME ON YOU. If not, alot of people owe this dude an apoligy.

On a side note, how did the team in question fare in the state champs?

Reply #34156 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Damon,

I think this is a pointless thread to begin with but since you brought into question out teams "softness" and talked up your own toughness I though it appropriate for me to respond.

Prior to our game against you at state champs I had a great deal of respect for your guys. I thought you were a very hard working team that played fair and physical.

However, during our game on the weekend you guys not only gave up when you were being beaten but you started to pretend like you didnt care about the result (although I am sure you would cared a lot if your team was any chance of winning).

I can understand you had a tough draw of having three games in a day, which would have made this game really hard to win (especially with your injuries). But when you started the trash talking and hard fouls it just made the game a bit of a mockery.

I think your club has built a very good reputation in the U/18 age group of being a 'scrapping', hard working team...I thought after Saturday night you tarnished this reputation and disrespected your club.

I look forward to our next game and hope to see that 'never say die' attitude back, because it makes our contests a good battle. And yes, I expect a physical contest...I am sure we can handle it.

Cheers

Reply #34170 | Report this post

Big PhiL  
Years ago

number 24 is not a real great player. he also has a very short fuse that'll get him in heaps of shit one day. in the state champs i rejected him from the post and he turned around and gave me a fist to the ear. his temper will hold him back from being a good player

Reply #34188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam i think we can safely say that was a one off game and sturt was the better team on the night

Reply #34196 | Report this post

Damon  
Years ago

Liam,

I admit the trash talking by some of my teammates was unnecessary. They really didn't need to bring that into the game. It's not a usual thing for our team and it would be a shame if it became one because we are not really like that as a group.

Some of our fouls were stupid and a little harsh as well, but we just tried to do what we could but obviously we were outclassed on the night. Personally, I never attempted to do (in this game or any other) anything deliberately 'dirty' or 'unsportsmanlike', and I tried my best not to give up, even though I had a badly sprained ankle from the last game vs Southern. Myself (and my teammates) played as hard as we could and tried to do the best with what we had on the night.

On top of our injuries, we had also had a trip to Starplex and a trip to Morphett Vale during the day, so our team was probably both mentally and physically drained from the rest of the day.

Our game a couple of weeks ago was a better reflection of our ability as a team and I personally felt disappointed that after that strong showing, circumstances didn't allow for us to make another great contest on Saturday night.

What I meant by that comment earlier is that I didn't think a complaint was needed on here by your team. That's all I was pointing out.

I look forward to another meeting where we can let the basketball do the talking.

Reply #34199 | Report this post

Damon  
Years ago

And as for your comment Big PhiL, I wouldn't ever put in a cheap shot like that. I was trying to grab the ball after you blocked it and I must have touched your ear. I didn't even know what had happened until the ref stopped play a few seconds later. I thought you may have got poked in the eye or something like that.

Why does everyone have a problem with our team's style of play all of a sudden? If it's more physical than you are used to, bad luck, that's how we do things.

I guess I got it back to me the next game though :-) because I sprained my ankle.

Reply #34204 | Report this post

Big PhiL  
Years ago

yeah thats cool. nah i like your teams style its fun playing a good physical game. unlucky with your ankle

Reply #34378 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

Damo mate, if ppl dont like the way that u blokes play, thats there problem. let the refs call wat is and isnt a foul.u guys keep going out there a play your game and thats all ya can do. So stop crying ppl and just play the game!

P.S Well done on finally starting to go left mate. craig is happy

Reply #34400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahaha, all this talk about a kid who can't even go left yet. good on ya for giving it a crack mate. Stick at it...for real.

Reply #34569 | Report this post

ATTN ISAAC  
Years ago

Isaac -
DELETE THIS WHOLE THREAD, SO MUCH FOR NO PERSONAL ATTACKS, YOU SINGLE OUT SOME THREADS, THEN LET OTHERS GO, DELETE THIS AND LET THE KID PLAY BASKETBALL..

damo haters -
ALL OF YOU GUYS THAT SPEND HOURS 'DISSING' ONE ANOTHER ON HERE REALLY DO NEED TO GET A LIFE...

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE T-SHIRT THAT SAYS 'I AM THE 14 YR OLD GIRL YOU WERE CHATTING TO ON THE INTERNET'... THIS IS THE POINT HERE, NOBODY KNOWS WHO IS TYPING WHAT, SO HOW ABOUT YOU LET STUFF GO, THE POOR KID SHOULDNT HAVE HAD TO COME ON HERE AND DEFEND HIMSELF..

ALL YOU GUYS THAT PLAY AGAINST HIM - WHY DONT YOU ACTUALLY PLAY BASKETBALL AND STOP PAYING OUT PEOPLE.. IF YOU GUYS THINK HE IS SO BAD, WHY ARE YOU GUYS THAT ARE SO GOOD IN THE SAME DIVISION AS HIM?

HE WAS INSTRUMENTAL IN THE TEAMS SUCCESS LAST SEASON WHEN THEY WON, THIS YEAR WITH NOT AS MUCH TALENT ON THE TEAM, HE BOARDS LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW.. SO BEFORE YOU SHOOT YOUR MOUTH OFF ON HERE, WHY DONT YOU SHOOT YOUR MOUTH OFF AT HIS FACE, THEN SEE WHERE IT GETS YOU.. ANONYMOUS PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE BALLS..

Liam, i think you should read the above, having said that you thought it was appropriate for you to respond, on the internet mind you, why dont you take the young lad aside when you see him to speak to him one on one if you have any grievances to air.. there is no need for a public attack on an individual from someone from your supposed stature in the game, i thought that you would have had more brains than that...

those that need to know who i am will know, those that dont matter will not.

Reply #34798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it was obvious he started the thread maybe he brought this upon himself?

Reply #34800 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The IP addresses of the original poster and the subsequent post by "Damon" are very similar. Draw whatever conclusion you want from that.

The thread's here now and I won't be deleting the whole thing. If you read through, there really aren't many posts that are even critical of the player, let alone "Damo Haters". If you have an issue with a particular post, please email me the URL/ID. Thanks.

Reply #34812 | Report this post

answer  
Years ago

Whats IP???

Reply #35068 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The address of your internet connection.

Reply #35072 | Report this post

answer  
Years ago

as in email address?

Reply #35075 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No. It's not something that you can change or hide.

Reply #35119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oooooooh says alot doesnt it ;)

Reply #35158 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

To the anonymous poster of (#34798),

I think if you read both my post and Damon's reply you would see that there is no bad blood - just a discussion about what transpired at a certain game. In fact, I think we reach a common ground and have closed the matter.

Perhaps next time you question my methods of responding to a statement regarding the team I coach on a forum you might want to do it in a different setting all together. By doing doing the exact same thing as I did it maked you come across hypocritical.

In any case, I find it quite comical that someone it took two thirds of their post before they discovered the function of the "caps lock" could question me about my brain capacity...

Cheers

Reply #35315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam,
for your information - caps lock, if you look at the post was off when i wrote isaac & damo haters.. the caps lock was kept on to get my point across in anger..
so by doing doing doing doing doing oh wait i didnt notice what i was doing doing doing

it made me come across as hypocritical? i wasnt having a chat to a young kid over the internet - i was stating it to someone i dont know whose communication channel is the internet.

Reply #35701 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Anonymous,

From your lofty perch on the moral high ground you can decide for yourself what type of character you are showing by "slinging mud" behind an "anonymous" posting.

I am not sure of what your interest is in this thread but its a lot more then anyone else involved in it. Its seems that both the player involved and I have had our say in a respectful and courteous manner... and now the matter is closed. There are no hard feelings and no one stepped over any line as far as I can see or is shown in any of the posts (both of us wished the other well for our next contest).

If this topic means so much to you then by all means email or call me I am happy to discuss further. If you want to continue posting then I suggest you come up with a nick name so at least your insignificant posts can help you get on the forum 'Starting Five'.

Reply #35769 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

well said Liam, approached the matter very well and said your side of it.

Show us your name anonymous so for the very few who dont know who u r can see

Reply #35812 | Report this post

sweet  
Years ago

i havent seen any1 from woodvill div2 18's that is anything flash

Reply #36251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what team you from sweet?

Reply #36379 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

I wouldnt say its a very 'flash' league. The team that works the hardest generally ends up winning, the talent levels of the teams are fairly similar which is outlined by the amount of draws so far.

Reply #36394 | Report this post

huh  
Years ago

he had more turn overs then poits tongiht

Reply #36759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and he probably got about 5 steals and 5 blocks as well

Reply #36802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

in a losing team.

Reply #36807 | Report this post

nope  
Years ago

nope no steals and maybe 2 blocks. although i must comment on how insanely funny i htough woodville were just from judging by the sound effects after a block that would have travelled 30 centermeters.

Reply #36862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well damo definately did make one intercept and looked to have a hand in a causing a couple of other turnovers and made a few genuine rejections. he did alrite seeing as he hasnt played at all for a couple of weeks

Reply #36892 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Everyone says "who would notice div 2 players" if i saw a div 2 player and he was good and i didnt know who he is, i might ask aswell. There have been plenty of other discussions about specific div 2 players so why pick on this young man who obviously just plays basketball and doesnt talk crap like alot of the other people on this site.

Reply #43299 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:50 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754