Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Croc shoots Anatoly Bose

Nearly spat out my breakfast reading the story this morning. Still not sure if it's funny or just a tad more serious. Either way ..... someone please, post a video of it.

Topic #27165 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

It was hilarious. Even if the croc was out of line, boses overreaction and prissy boy antics the rest of the game were worth the price of admission. Scared the shit out of him and it looked like he may have even started crying, went to the bench ranting and raving with the crowd laughing at him. From then on in it was nothing but turnovers and block shots for old bosey. I know I have a new favourite player to heckle when the kings come to town.

On another note, what a useless player...

Reply #344201 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Also coverage of this has been incorrect. The croc didn't miss the crowd and hit him, he deliberately aimed at his ass with the barrel empty and fired a blast of air at bose.

Reply #344203 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

What actually happened? I thought the game was on Friday?

Reply #344206 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

This was from the last time crocs played Sydney in Townsville. The croc had one of those t shirt air guns, and when you fire it unloaded it just makes a loud "POOF" sound. He aimed it at bose and fired it unloaded, and bose shat his pants. perhaps literally...

Reply #344211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like a pretty lame thing the Croc did. Dont they get fined or at least given a warning for getting too close to the players? Im sure i read somewhere the Croc got into trouble last season as well for another incident? In Perth, the Wildcats cheerleaders got warned for dancing too close to the opposition bench during time outs a few seasons ago.

Didnt see the "incident" but if there was nothing in it, then so be it. However, sometimes mascots go a bit too far and im sure it pisses the players off.

Im on Bose's side with this one.

Reply #344217 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

C'mon DJRod, where's the footage?

Reply #344224 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

DJ Rod can't post the footage in case Bose takes legal action...

LOL!

Reply #344226 | Report this post

Mystic  
Years ago

Who is his lawyer- Cecil?

Reply #344232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llwm-UkQsXo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The video cuts the widescreen vision off so you can't see the cannon - but u get the idea

Reply #344236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

please he was 3-4m away from him,it was a AIR GUN not what the papers have said!!!!!lil bit of fun get some balls bose

Reply #344238 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Of course the Croc stepped over the line on this one, but Bose's overreaction was hilarious, and instantly lost any sympathy i may have had for him. He made a fool of himself, acting like he'd been sexually molested or something...

Reply #344241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if all that is true & it was fired at him empty, in his head he may have thought he really was being molested if he didnt see it coming. i cant imagine foreplay with a croc all that fun, & one who looks more like dorothy the dinosaur

Reply #344245 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

My Biggest issue with this is that it is while the kings were in offence, when I first read the story, I thought it was during a time out or a dead ball. I didn't think it would be an issue until I saw it was while they where playing. I wonder what they would have done if this happened while he was receiving a pass and it went out of bounds.

Reply #344251 | Report this post

E=MC2  
Years ago

I agree Big Sexy - during warmups, or 1/4 time, hillarious. During the game, well that's actually pretty poor form.

Reply #344254 | Report this post

The Answer  
Years ago

During the game, the refs should have stopped the game as soon as Bose complained, referred the matter to the game Commissioner and had the Croc evicted.

Mascots interefering with the actual play is not on

Reply #344263 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I agree that is wrong to do during the game

Reply #344264 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah completely with you guys that it's not on to interfere during a game like that when play was one.

However, Bose's childlike overreaction was equally not on...

Reply #344268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this was mid play ? okay, poor form. was under the belief it was coming back from a timeout or something

Reply #344276 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is there any video anywhere so we can see his reaction for those who missed it? I think he had every right to be angry. The Croc was completely out of line.
There are a few mascots/commentators I'd like to see receive fines and suspensions for poor behavior.

Reply #344288 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Poor form but how goodis the croc. He is up there with nba mascots

Reply #344291 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

ANON a video link is in the 10th post from the top

Reply #344293 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

WTF! You can't do that! Bose had every right to act the way that he did. Hilarious if it was done in the warm up, but not in the actual game.

Terrible form from the Croc, it reflects poorly on the organisation and anybody who thinks it was OK and Bose is in the wrong for over reacting is kidding themselves.

If the Tigers court announcer had have yelled something out when the opposition had an open shot, every single post on this forum would be drilling the announcer not the players reaction.

Surely should have gotten himself kicked out of the game.

Reply #344301 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hard to blame Bose for his reaction. He's on court in a game situation, he can see all players in front of him. He would have absolutely no expectation of contact in that situation. The Croc should face a fine and multiple-game ban. Seriously crossed the line.

If a fan throws a stress ball on court, even during a dead ball situation, they'd likely cop eviction for the year.

At the risk of furthering that bush league image, the NBL could at least get some publicity from this.

Reply #344310 | Report this post

dud  
Years ago

Maybe if a fan or player punches the mascot during the game something might get done. Should be season suspension.

Reply #344312 | Report this post

hubert  
Years ago

first entertaining thing Croc has done for years. Jake the snake owns him these days. I wonder of it's the same guy in the suit cos the show has really gone downhill.

Reply #344371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bush league image? Have you been talking to Marty?

Reply #344375 | Report this post

Waxy  
Years ago

dont see why your baggin bose, im sure everyone would shit there pants, you can even see that cedar shat himself

Reply #344387 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I have already watched that link and if that was his only reaction then he did well. By the way everyone is talking, I thought there must have been more!

On another note, it would be nice to get reporting like that of the nbl and wnbl in Melbourne!

Reply #344389 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

^ That's the advantage of having your sports franchise in a town where there is nothing else worth mentioning on the news ;)

Reply #344409 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:46 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754