Anonymous
Years ago

Ater Majok finally doing well

He's currently in Slovakia with BK SPU Bemaco Nitraand he seems to be doing very nicely for himself.
13.1 ppg
7.8 rpg
1.2 ast
2.6 bpg
0.8 spg
all in 25 minutes a game. He average 3 turnovers and 3 fouls a game, but this is still some very nice stuff for the Lakers draftee. Pity he didn't have an out clause to at least go to the Lakers training camp. Maybe next season he might be able to scrap into the 14th or 15th spot, the Lakers are apparently quite impressed with his form so far.

Topic #27178 | Report this topic

dud  
Years ago

Must be a very average league

Reply #344418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well sometimes it just takes a guy to dominate an average league and build his confidence before taking another step up. Just like what the NBL guys do to SEABL and Big V.... crush the amateur league work on ya game and be back ready for tougher opponents.

Reply #344419 | Report this post

MK  
Years ago

he's known to make big steps. as badly as some people may call him out on here but he started basketball late and every step has been quite a big one

Reply #344420 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Good. I just hate all these people bagging him, what did he ever do to them? Let him play and learn at his own pace, he will make mistakes but i'm sure he will overcome them and develop. Some people just like to kick others.

Reply #344421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well as afar as I am concerned the guy is making moves MUST be showing potential..... I think Brett brown should definitely get him in the boomers camp... even if he doesnt make the team we need to keep watching his progress...

Reply #344423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Big stat is 2.6 blocks a game.... thats huge no matter what way u look at it.

Reply #344424 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Wouldn't want him on my team, too many direct and indirect turnovers to not make up for the blocks and dunks

Also he is too much of a liability for a boomers jersey, more deserving players in the NBL

Reply #344432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But I thought he was with the Lakers...

Reply #344452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally doing well. Crap title. Majok is having a shot and is playing basketball which is all he wants to do. Let him play and not be so patronising.

Reply #344456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he deserves a look in..... if the NBA looks at him so should the boomers.... maybe he shouldnt make the team yet... but a kid with that kind of potential... sure hw might be 25 but maybe he will be ready by 2016? hence the reason to always look

Reply #344457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also... I dont think u guys ever account for the fact that players can IMPROVE!!!!!!!!!!111 I mean, even in my own game ... I know I have come on in leaps and bounds in the past year... doing things on the court i wasnt capable of before and being thousands of times more consistant and composed... why couldnt majok have turned the same corner???

Reply #344458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here come the basketball wannabes reinforcing the Australian way (i.e cut down the tall poppies)

Reply #344465 | Report this post

havster09  
Years ago

Good stuff...The more Aussies in the NBA the better

Reply #345576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I received a surprise call from Ater this morning (12 March 2012) and he's happy and enjoying playing in Slovakia. One month to go before play-offs. He said he is doing extra strength training workouts with the S&C staff at his club and is looking to play in the US Summer League. If he finds a month or so of free time, he said he would try to play in China. I suggested he tries to catch up with Brian Goorjian there. He said he feels he is improving his own kind of game, but he sounded disappointed that he had not heard anything from the Boomers team management. He said he was still with the Lakers and very happy with the relationship.

Reply #353856 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:12 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754