True
Years ago

Kings' Rosen ditched?

Mate, I didnt see Warren Rosen sitting on the Kings bench during the game against the Crocs. Was there any reason for that??

True

Topic #27196 | Report this topic

observer  
Years ago

Who is he??

Reply #344569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wazza is a good guy and is a more experienced coach at every level to moose or the head coach Tim Hudson. Wazza has been axed for trying to make moose do something about how bad their defence is. Whilst I am not saying that Wazza is a coaching genius compared to the 2 in charge he is a huge improvement

Reply #344571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did he really get the sack?

Reply #344577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Political crap from a thin skinned head coach who doesn't know his ass from his head. As long as Ian Robilliard is coach, the Kings aren't going anywhere. Disgraceful what he did to Rosen.

Reply #344578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes he did. nice way to treat volunteer who u ask for input from

Reply #344581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Robilliard is all about excuses, not accountability. It's never his fault, always someone else's. So much for this culture nonsense he keeps going on about. Hey dickhead, what about coaching your team to play defence? What about making proper in-game adjustments? How about making substitutions based on game flow and not what the other inexperienced fool on the sidelines Tim Hudson tells you? It's total blind leading the blind over there.

Reply #344583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow I knew moose was arrogant & a d/h but this just amplifies it even more. I had heard early on that rosen was trying to implement some changes on the defence end I.e. actually having trans d rules, not just yelling out get back & clapping your oversized hands like moose, but really from watching games waza seem to be very respectful & by no means trying to take over. Where is robilliards spine? Hudson good guy but no way an nbl 1st ac. Moose is not anything but the thug he was as a player, he should go & never come back to nbl as a coach.

Reply #344585 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Wow, certainly some venom in the posts above. But I must agree (from experience) that Moose is certainly no rocket scientist and I was surprised that he got the Kings gig. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall and was intimidated by someone with more knowledge and who he saw as a possible replacement. The Kings are like the 36ers with an inept coach (although Marty is probably more intelligent than Moose) and both teams will not be successful until they replace their head coach/s.

Reply #344590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A volunteer asst coach who expected to go on the road as a second assist coach. Crap.
More experienced than Moose he may be, but at the same time he was shafting Moose. He's been gone for nearly a month as well.
Aligned with B Joyce too I hear.

Reply #344594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings have been better on the road when he wasn't there.

Reply #344596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

j0yce is a far better coach than moose, i would aligin with him also

Reply #344600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shows the professionality of the kings
1 rookie/ incompetent head coach
1 rookie/ inexperienced assistant coach
1 volunteer coach who is experienced as a coach, gets the sack.

somethings roten in the state of NSW

Reply #344602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to know how Rosen was supposedly shafting Robilliard per the comment above? My understanding is he was an unpaid volunteer doing work for the Kings purely because he wanted to help the team, so why would he be shafting Robilliard?

Reply #344603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed anon
obviously we aren't in the situation so it is purely speculation but i would like to know if anyone knew specific reasons behind the decision.

Reply #344604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would imagine that if J0yce got the Kings job as Head coach then W Rosen might be an assistant.
The Kings looked after Rosen and how many teams take a volunteer 2sd Asst coach on the road?
Make no mistake if Rosen was their it wasn't just because he was trying to help the Kings.

Reply #344609 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

I am willing to bet all these anonymous posts are the same person.

I am not willing to bet (but a chance this is true) that this is Mr Rosen venting some anger. Some pretty in depth stuff only a player or coach would know....

Reply #344611 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

I am willing to bet all these anonymous posts are the same person.

I am not willing to bet (but a chance this is true) that this is Mr Rosen venting some anger. Some pretty in depth stuff only a player or coach would know....

Reply #344612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warren is a better coach than he is given credit for. In fact,during the Comets ABA dynasty, Warren was just as important as his brother, Head Coach Brad Rosen, in keeping the team running like a precision motor vehicle and happily motivated, even whilst they were dominating opponents. A great tactical mind, and his work ethic is unquestionable.

Reply #344618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol u would like to think hoops forum is that important for basketball ppl in australia

people hear things from clubs & from ppl who they are friends with

i doubt rosen would stoop to the level of posting in thsese forums

and no im not warren rosen lol
just another anon poster to this thread

Reply #344619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol either that, or there are a lot of pissed off Kings fans sick and tired of Robilliard's garbage. He should have been sacked when they lost 14 straight, instead the Kings have to put up with more mediocrity for another season - just like the Sixers

Reply #344620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kings don't hve to put up with Moose for al season. It's far from a gimme yet that he has the job for all season.

Reply #344649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When did the Comets have an ABA dynasty?

Reply #344651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just spoke to somebody extremely close to Warren, and the fact to the matter is that he walked on the Kings, for the reasons that it was putting a strain on his outside business, and that he also wasn't happy or enjoying working with Moose, so he decided to walk away.

Reply #344705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im sure he's a great guy and all but no one would pay him to be a head or assistant nbl coach. He's one of these guys who helps out, second assistant volunteer coach, one of the local guys who supports. Really there's probably 6 guys in Sydney who could do it.

But it says a lot that people are so derogatory of him on this forum

Reply #344765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

probably but still hes had far more coaching experience than the other two ahead of him, soo what does that say????

Reply #344772 | Report this post

True  
Years ago

Interesting comments about the Kings coach all of which have relevants. But to be direct and straight to the point! Ian should be SACKED and should have never been hired as the Sydney Kings coach! I repeat he should have NEVER been hired! I repeat again NEVER!
Hiring him is reflection on the owners total lack of understanding of what required to be a head coach.

1) 100% COMMITMENT TO YOUR COACHING & PLAYERS
2) EXPERIENCE COACHING AT PROFESSIONAL LEVEL
3) RESPECT FROM THE PLAYERS

There are coaches in the NSW and around country the owners could have hired but they opt for Ian which was a DISGRACEFUL choice! They even hired him a second season after last seasons 14 game losing streak. The owners need to have a good hard look at themselves. I repeat.. he should be SACKED!!

True

Reply #344800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True, so true!

Reply #344809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After lastnights pathetic effort Moose in on notice.
If the Kings lose to the undermanned Hawks then Moose should walk.

Reply #344820 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

OKKA, varying IPs when I last checked. I think just Kings people looking to vent.

Reply #344826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okka it's common knowledge about Rosen being gone. It's certainly not earth shattering news. No one here has said why he was removed and despite what someone else said here, Rosen didn't quit.

Reply #344831 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754