Jumpin Baron Brown
Years ago

Over 25s ABL All stars

With all the talk of the youngsters having their own development squad I was wondering what everyone out there thinks would happen if the "elder statesmen" (25 and over) of the league played the youngsters? Who would be in the team?

Nathan Hawkes
Paul Vandenburg
Paul Bauer
Mike McKay
Brad Davis
Eric Bradley
Chris Bell
Keith Krause
Pero Vaslijevic
Paul Bell

Topic #272 | Report this topic

dog nuts  
Years ago

Where's Dix????

Reply #2054 | Report this post

Didnt play this season.

Reply #2055 | Report this post

Ba Ba Black Sheep  
Years ago

Ben Hodges would have to be in with a shot at that line up aswell...

Scott Whitmore to me is the second most glaring ommision behind Jason Williams, both these guys are easily worthy!

Also, i would think Justin Clayton would be worth a mention. He has worked hard all year with an under-talented Lions team.

Reply #2059 | Report this post

Ba Ba Black Sheep  
Years ago

Also, isn't Eric Bradley < 25?

Reply #2060 | Report this post

S Vidmar  
Years ago

Whitmore is 31, Bradley is 22.

Gotta have Whitmore someone needs to slap the floor and talk smack.

Reply #2081 | Report this post

Ronnie Ratliff  
Years ago

"talk smack"

did someone really post that phrase on an Australian website

We dont have to identically copy the American basketball blue print. Do we?????????

Reply #2083 | Report this post

OK. Bradleys spot would be up for grabs by either Whitmore or Clayton. Williams isnt there because he hardly played. Not sure who you would leave out if you put Williams in there.

Reply #2084 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Having a look around, it IS quite a youthful league, isn't it?

Reply #2088 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I can't believe no-one's included Al Green. He might only play Reserves, and occasionally at that, but he's worth sliding in on the bench so he can talk the opposition silly - trust me! From someone who can still remember when Al first came to our green(er) shores.

Reply #2208 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:24 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754