Grant
Years ago

Basketball court hire for a bucks party

Hey All,

I'm hosting a bucks party in late Feb and am trying to organise part 1 of the day which will be a friendly game of basketball. I'm hoping someone can recommend somewhere in Melbourne that would let me hire out a court but also don't mind us playing while we're drinking (obviously not beers in our hands during the game). Doesn't have to be anything special or flash but just a normal court that we can play on, stop after a few goals have a drink, then jump back on.

Can anyone recommend any places to me that would be open to this? Including schools, rec centres, scout halls etc.

Cheers.

Grant

Topic #27204 | Report this topic

Years ago

The new Pulteney Grammar outdoor courts on South Terrace are pretty nice, and seemingly open to the public at all times (not closed off). You could easily set up a barbeque and have a few drinks there too. Would make a nice summer evening I reckon.

Reply #344632 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

He said in Melbourne. Hopefully the strippers will be participating in the game?

Reply #344634 | Report this post

Years ago

Ah right, missed the 'Melbourne' part... *embarassed*

Reply #344637 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

Good luck. I doubt any sort of Basketball court/cnt will rent out to people who will indulge in alcohol consumption. Public liability will be mental

Reply #344660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great Court in Hoppers Crossing that a guy named Darren built (old Factory converted) I cant remember what his buisness is called, but it is less than 12 months old. Im sure he would hire you it. It would be ideal.

Reply #344663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^^^^^^
http://www.transitionsports.com.au

Reply #344674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #378824 | Report this post

Bill2012  
Years ago

Where did you end up going for the bucks party? I am planning on doing a similar thing for my mate's bucks...

Reply #399824 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754