Chopper
Years ago

Social @ Marion

Is anyone interested in playing Social at Marion Stadium on a Wednesday night? Preferably no scruffers!

Topic #2722 | Report this topic

boys or girls or mixed?

Reply #30702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least Marion has a social competition. Morphett Vale doesn't have a social comp on Tues and Thursday. The stadium manager is hopeless!

Reply #30709 | Report this post

sharon  
Years ago

Morphett Vale and Marion have the same stadium manager

Reply #30712 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

Sorry, what's a scruffer?

Reply #30720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

someone that's not good. like scrubber's :P

Reply #30723 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

ok lol

Reply #30724 | Report this post

Chopper  
Years ago

Men's competition.

Reply #30786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the stadium manager who is trying to do both jobs shouldn't. Maybe she should quit one, or retire altogether.

Reply #30804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol she can't quit one. It's her job to look after both.

Reply #30818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh well back to topic :) Chopper are you the team that drilled the guys in E grade with 'Panther' playing?

Reply #30821 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Panther wasn't playing, but yes that's the team...

Reply #30825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then she isn't doing her job. Obviously being a life member of South she only interested in one stadium. She is hopeless!

Reply #30848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find it's the rest of the stadium's management not the Area Manager which is the problem and has been for a long time at Morphett Vale.

Reply #30851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Social has nothing to do with South.

Reply #30853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you have a problem with it RING THE STADIUM. No point coming on here and having a cry, that's not going to fix the problem now is it. And how is it the area manager's fault if there's not enough teams to put in a social comp? Do you want them to ring every household in the area and ask if they want to put in a team just so you can play?

Reply #30863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People have made their opinions known in the best way possible.

Leaving.

Reply #30864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then they come on here and cry that there is no social.

Figures huh?

Reply #30865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who said it's the same people??

Some have left because of management, which means others miss out because there aren't enough teams left.

Comes back to the fact nothing will get done down there until the stadium staff is replaced.

Reply #30867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't ring the stadium because there is usually no body there. Maybe they should ring every household, because before Noelene arrived there used to be a great social comp. I can't beleive she does such a poor job and still keeps her job.

Reply #30870 | Report this post

Chopper  
Years ago

I have found Noelene to be very helpful & astute in arranging our inclusion in the competition even in light of our late nomination.

Reply #30872 | Report this post

Chopper  
Years ago

I have found Noelene to be very helpful & astute in arranging our inclusion in the competition even in light of our late nomination.

Reply #30873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther did play, you lie-dog!

Reply #30874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh isn't this topic about Social @ Marion anyway? Have a problem with other venues and their Social make your own damn topic :P And actually give noelene a call, i'm sure she'd be happy to talk to you.

Reply #30875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as noelene has been stadium manager at marion for over ten years i find you saying that things where better before she arrived as bullshit.
You wouldnt by any chance be belonging to a team that has been banned from social because of your antisocial playing habits

Reply #30888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't ring because all you get is an answering machine. Not having a go at her at Marion, just Morphett Vale. There would be a lot people that would be happy to see her stay at Marion and not be at Morphett Vale when she is actually there. Maybe they could boot out Jan as well.

Reply #30894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't ring because all you get is an answering machine. Not having a go at her at Marion, just Morphett Vale. There would be a lot people that would be happy to see her stay at Marion and not be at Morphett Vale when she is actually there. Maybe they could boot out Jan as well.

Reply #30895 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

Hey CHopper, wait until you need to forfeit with 2 weeks notice and she still slaps you with a forfiet fine. We'll see how you feel about her then!

Reply #30906 | Report this post

Chopper  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure when I looked at the guidelines it clearly states that it doesn't matter how much notice you give with a forfeit it still warrants a small fine. Thems da rules...

Reply #30951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Them is why teams pull out and go elsewhere. What does a forfeit fine cover when teams give notice over two weeks. Noelene and her staff don't have to do anything. I guess they are used to doing that.

Reply #30962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But it doesnt bring to basa the income so therefore a forfeit fine, moron.(nothing to do with noelene other than working for basa and making sure the courts bring in income(just goes to show how little you understand what her role is other than annoy the crap out of you.)

Reply #30971 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

I think the point is that you change the last game of the night to fill the forfeited time slot, you don't pay refs, you don't make any phone calls becuase you are telling the teams the next week. They are not actually losing anything. At other BASA run stadiums the managers are reasonable on this front, yet not at MV or Marion.

The penalty for not paying a forfiet fine is not playing in finals. Whoop de doo!! Big penalty.

This is not brain surgery, yet BASA can't figure it out. Story of their life

Reply #31009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Anonymous,

You obviously do not have a brain because if you could work out that if a team is happy they will stay. If they are not happy then they will leave. If you could possibly add this up this adds to more than just a weekly income. Basketball teams are customers like any other business. It is not a week to week process. If you had a brain you could work out that a lot of Basketball social players have been playing for years and that BASA is a business, eg. ( I will work it out for you because you would run out of fingers and toes to count on). Average 6 players per team, play 46 weeks a year =$2000 approx. per year. Some teams and players play more than once a week and some teams have been playing more than just the one year. So over a 5 year period it could equate to $15 000 income and this is not including spectators that come and watch. The only thing it costs BASA is electricity and this can be saved with a rotation of games up to slot or if it was the last game everybody go homes early. So if we don't have a social competitiion like mentioned earlier with at least 4 teams it cost BASA nearly $70-80 000 over 5 years.

You obviously work for BASA because you don't understand the process of running a successful business and it takes customer satisfaction to keep it going year after year. So maybe you should stop being a dickhead,either do a business course or stop talking about something you know nothing about.

Reply #31024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's the key. Keep the customers happy and they'll keep coming back. Maybe M/vale and Marion are struggling because there are better run stadiums with people in mind not $$ close by.

Reply #31041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolutely. And it all starts from the top!

Reply #31042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marion doesn't seem to do too badly. Maybe it's PEOPLE that go M/V not infact the stadium manager. You can't please everyone.

Reply #31043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Morphett Vale just like Tigers is pretty isolated. How many people are going to travel past other venues to play social at Morphett Vale, not many I'd suggest.

Morphett Vale would rely on a very localised population some of which have headed off for greener pastures elsewhere.

Reply #31045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some fair comments but why such a decline? A lot a mv teams are now playing at other stadiums.

Reply #31048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard of more problems about teams at MV than I have from other stadiums. Teams choose to change stadium for a change of teams, better competition, want to play a different night and also not everyone lives in the same area so some stadiums are easier to get to than others.

Reply #31049 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754