BJF
Years ago

Bogut misses Bucks game for personal reasons

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7421607/andrew-bogut-leaves-milwaukee-bucks-personal-reasons

wow

Topic #27229 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Topic title adjusted. I don't think he's left the team, just missed a game and maybe more.

Skiles and general manager John Hammond both said they could not elaborate on the reasons for Bogut's absence.

"He's dealing with a personal situation and he's excused to go and deal with it," Skiles said in his pre-game comments.

Skiles said he didn't know if Bogut would have to miss more than one game. The Bucks play again Thursday night at Sacramento.

Reply #345066 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Probably family reasons.

Reply #345068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This after getting shut down by Al Harrington and the Bucks fans on some forums I read are giving Bogut alot of crap!

Reply #345071 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Not a massive deal this. Clearly something at the last minute popped up, and hopefully nothing to serious. All NBA fans get on forums and give players crap, not anything new, and doubt Bogut would care about that aspect too much. Seems pretty level headed.

Reply #345072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did that expletive twitter post the other day give any clues ?

Reply #345074 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Somebody must know something??

Reply #345099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Family or Migrane issues.

Reply #345104 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jennings said he found out on the bus to the arena that Bogut would not be with the team when the Bucks center called him.

"He said he had a personal problem going on back at home," Jennings said. "You hope he's OK. I think it caught everybody by surprise."

Reply #345112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhinoplasty

Reply #345125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the basketbawful blog:
"By the way, Andrew Bogut missed the game for personal reasons. Those personal reasons being he hates his crappy team."

Reply #345133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here's a grenade:

Anyone else think he wasn't worth the number 1 pick?

He was great at college. No disputing that.

But as a pro, he is 'only' good for 12 pts and 9 rebs over his career.

He is no superstar - he is solid. I know that's a good thing and there's plenty to be said for his output, but they're not reflective of a number 1 selection.

An he probably hasn't been as dominant/influential internationally as we would have hoped?

Reply #345137 | Report this post

Tyrone Biggums  
Years ago

will be 13 and 10 by the end of the year, with 2 blocks per game. He's got Jennings & "Thug Life" with him now, so help "D" is non-existent.

Reply #345139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Number 1 picks aren't ever a lock to be a superstar in the nba anymore. Was the correct choice for the bucks to make and has been more than decent... Don't underestimate how horrific that injury was nerve damage is a mofo. And e has been ok at Olympic level has $77 mill reasons motto over do it imo

Reply #345143 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

He's demanded to be traded for DeMarcus Cousins.

Reply #345146 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Best thing Bogut could do is get a trade away from the Bucks!

I think he would thirve in a solid team.....i think in the right sysem he could be a 18 & 10 and a real focal point in a playoff calibre team

Reply #345157 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

The Situation,

Is that a joke? Or legit?

Reply #345158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i suspect he's a jennings injury away from a great season - udrih has discovered this newfangled inventioon called passing that would help andrew greatly..

Reply #345159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know he's not the best player from that draft class but he's doing much better than Marvin Williams who is kwame brownesque and if Milwaukee had drafted demon Williams or cp3 you can bet they wouldn't still be playing for Milwaukee, so in 2012 he was their best choice.

Reply #345173 | Report this post

Curtly  
Years ago

I know he's not the best player from that draft class but he's doing much better than Marvin Williams who is kwame brownesque and if Milwaukee had drafted demon Williams or cp3 you can bet they wouldn't still be playing for Milwaukee, so in 2012 he was their best choice.

Reply #345174 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

No one wants to play in Milwaukee, makes it very hard to succeed consistantly. If im Bogut, keep playing do my thing and get $$$$$$$$.

Reply #345178 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

would love him in Miami. Would end up like longley with rings & touring with the best!!

Reply #345190 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Bogut is playing for a team that has just not had the proper pieces in place. They have a lineup now that suites him, unfortunately that's coming off of an injury that's affected his offence.

IMO, had the injury not occured two years ago to his arm, he would be an All-Star and the Bucks would be 2nd Round contenders.

I've said it before, Bogut has had a string of games in the past just before the injury where he was getting 30+ppg, 12+rpg and 4+bpg because he was the centrepiece of the offence and he was simply quicker than his defenders.

I don't think that he will reach that level again until he gets his offensive flow back. He was worth the Number One pick in 05 and as of 08-09, he was proving.

Reply #345200 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Good big man but way to injury prone & inconsistent to be in the elite! Just like Longley send him to a contender where he can set picks & rebound & be a good back up to these guys! He hates the hype which these guys crave so he could fly under the radar & be a winner. How long left on his Bucks contract? Trade him...

Reply #345218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Send him to the bulls and keep lebron championship less forever

Reply #345225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut still has two more years left on his contract after this season.

2011/12: $12.1 million

2012/13: $13.15 million

2013/14: $14.2 million

He also can earn up to an extra $2.5 million per season in bonuses.

Reply #345233 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Highest paid on the Bucks. Can't see him getting a new, better deal elsewhere right now - he's on a pretty good wicket at the Bucks financially. Trade obviously a different story.

Not everyone has to be a top-tier player, he could be perfectly useful at the 17 & 12 level. He hasn't been miles off cracking that next stage either. Stats so far this season haven't seemed brilliant but nor have they been far off career-best figures (last I checked).

One worry would be that recent game against Harrington or whoever it was. Shown up by a guy 5" shorter than him. Nearly every news report made a big issue of him getting burnt in that game.

Reply #345244 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

I don't know how reliable this Ken Berger is (I don't believe I have read much of him before), but this is a link to his most recent Blog regarding Bogut.

reading between the lines it sounds like a Health issue for a family member.

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/34206583

Reply #345256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's back in Australia now.

The reason is not revealed as he wants it kept private, but his health is fine.

Thanks everyone for the support.

Read it on foxsports.

Reply #345278 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Can someone please help me out? What is this big issue with Bogut/Harrington, I have watched the highlights on nba.com and it didn't look like Bogut had such a bad game nor did it look like Harrington had such a big game directly against Bogut. What is all the fuss about? I can't even find much news about it anywhere.

Reply #345306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cant really say what its about from the foxsports story but at least hes not injured. hope whatever made him come back gets sorted.

Reply #345310 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A, didn't see the game so can't comment directly but I think some comments I read were referencing the fourth quarter in particular.

Reply #345319 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

The funny thing is Isaac, having watched highlights of the last quarter, it looked like the only thing Bogut did wrong was miss a hook shot on Harrington to practically win the game. Harrington did score a few points in the last but most his points were scored with other players defending him, not Bogut.

Reply #345323 | Report this post

Eddie House  
Years ago

2 reasons:

Migraine treatments

Colonic Irrigation

Source: I went to high school with him (personal mate)

Reply #346060 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Your not much of a mate if your on here blabbing about Andrew's personal business!

Reply #346086 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:32 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754