Isaac
Years ago

Worst ratio of salary:stats in the NBL

With the news that the NZ Breakers have not offered Pero Cameron a contract for next season, I wondered if his output per earning is the lowest in the NBL.

A reported $175,000/year in exchange for 10 PPG and 6 RPG!

Could anyone even come close?

Topic #2726 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

What a huge turn around in form. 2 years ago, gets world champs all-star 5, Larry Brown says he has NBA potential, now will be most likely hunting for a bench spot.

Could the Sixers pick him up on the cheap?

Reply #30740 | Report this post

bada bing  
Years ago

he's too fat

Reply #30743 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He's currently playing like crap in the NZ NBL, so I'd say no.

Reply #30744 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

He is pretty much useless atm

Reply #30758 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Would you have to pay him?????surely Adelaide Zoo/ Greenpeace could set up some sort of cross promotion.

Reply #30767 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Choice Bro!!!

Reply #30768 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

What sort of points would he be worth? If he is available for buggerall we would be silly not to at least look at him. It may come to nothing but lets find out all the info before we say no
a change of environment may be waht he needs to recapture some form

Reply #30769 | Report this post

Phat Kiwi  
Years ago

C'mon everyone, think about it.

He's not been offered a spot because he's not worth the salary he's asking for.

Why have we not been able to sign any good free agents? Because due to our financial problems we don't have the salary cap room to pay for anyone.

Reply #30770 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think you will find that Smythy will have something up his sleeve and he'll pull it out and the sixers will be top 3 this season.

Reply #30779 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Bizzy, what the hell are you on about?

Unless Phil is going to pull out a shaved 7 foot gorilla from his arse, who will play for bananas, we have missed the boat when it comes to signing free agents.

In saying that, I don't blame Phil as he was only signed himself a couple of weeks ago.

Read today's Advertiser. Phil sees Nash as the difference that will get them over the line.

There's no cap space to pull anything from up his sleeve

Reply #30785 | Report this post

The Taperoo Kid  
Years ago

There was report on the news last night that Pero was sunbaking on a beach in N.Z and some Green Peace hippies tried to drag him back into the water.

Reply #30986 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bizzy, Bizzy, Bizzy.....To many cones this weekend for you.

There is abosultely nothing for Phil to pull from his sleeve. There is bugger all spare money to spent on some 7 foot gorilla, unless as the doc said, he can pull it from where the sun don't shine....

Priority number one and two is to get Willie's and Cooper's ink on a 36er contract from the season, or longer if possible. That's nothing new on the radar, this idea has been floating around here for weeks.

Priority number three is to find some height that will play for loose change cause that is all we have left to spend.

We missed the boat on the premier free agents, so there is bugger all use of harping on that, they have signed elsewhere and gone.

Things need to be directed to the future, and that is signing Willie and Coops, getting some cheap high (sorry Pero, looking for length not girth... another interesting debate that one!!!!)

I still scratching my head on who would be willing to play for a system and opportunity over cash that could be instant help.

Any realistic idea's???

Reply #31211 | Report this post

jezzalenko  
Years ago

What about the other Pero?

Reply #31213 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:37 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754