Anonymous
Years ago

East coast challenge sydney

Does anyone know how the sa teams are going over in the east coast challenge

Topic #27294 | Report this topic

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

Wednesday
http://www.nswbasketball.net.au/coaching/ECC/2012/Documents/Results/2012ECCResultsWednesday.pdf
Thursday
http://www.nswbasketball.net.au/coaching/ECC/2012/Documents/Results/2012ECCResultsThursday.pdf
Friday
http://www.nswbasketball.net.au/coaching/ECC/2012/Documents/Results/2012ECCResultsFriday.pdf

Reply #346206 | Report this post

Informed  
Years ago

U16G 2nd
U16B 3rd
U18G 5th
U18B 5th

Reply #346268 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Well done to the u/14 Adelaide boys winning the final by 1 point. I don't know much more maybe some one else can give more info?

Reply #347007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was 2 SA U 14 boys teams. DO you know which one?

Reply #347015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe both SA boys teams won their final game by 1 point.

The girls played off against each other on the final day.

Reply #347051 | Report this post

good job  
Years ago

All the SA teams played very well over the last 3 days. RESULTS are:
SA Red defeated SA Black in the (1 v 2) U/14 Girls
SA Red defeated Sydney White by a point with a 3pt buzzer beater shot (1 v 2) U/14 Boys
SA Black defeated Sydney Blue (3 v 4) U/14 Boys
Awesome effort by all and a great 3 days of basketball for our up and coming junior players.
WELL DONE

Reply #347123 | Report this post

G  
Years ago

Who coached these teams?

Was there an even spread of players from clubs or were they made up of the top few teams only? Good experience for the kids, especially those who will attend u14 club nationals at the end of the year.

Reply #347194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think it was a relatively even spread based on who tried out

Reply #347200 | Report this post

Years ago

Not sure about the girls but the boys seemed reasonably even. The best clubs had multiple reps, but most clubs had at least 1 or 2. I think even North had 2 and they are near the bottom.

Reply #347678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From memory North had 3 and they are bottom. Was this a PR exercise to even out participation

Reply #347696 | Report this post

Years ago

I don't think so. I think the coaches just made decisions based on the try outs. Norwood would have rightly had 6 or 7 guys since they are top. I think the U14 boys comp is pretty even. As G said, good for those who may not get a chance to go to nationals at the end of the year.

Reply #347700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is better than Vic where who knows how people are chosen! From what I saw at ECC it appears the bigger the hog the more reward from the coach! Team work did not appear present! All about who could impress the most!

Reply #348924 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Vic had some pretty good boys, at least in U16s. All the bottom age boys were talls and have strong chances of making state in another year. But didn't think there were any U14 teams though???? Eastcoast challenge only 16s, 18s isn't it?

Reply #349128 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754