Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Bogut to be an All-Star?

With Horford done for the season, everyone's attention turns to whether Bogut will be selected as an All-Star. OK, maybe not everyone's - in fact, maybe it's just me and Andrew's family - but if he maintains his solid form, will he be picked by the coaches? Fan voting borders on the ridiculous for players stuck in Milwaukee etc:

Dwight Howard (Orl) 754,737
Joakim Noah (Chi) 75,038
Tyson Chandler (NYK) 61,774
Joel Anthony (Mia) 41,832
JaVale McGee (Was) 24,713
Al Horford (Atl) 23,546.

Bogut doesn't even rate a mention yet. Joel Anthony and JaVale McGee??!! None of these guys hold a candle to the big Bogey. C'mon coaches, it's time.

Topic #27308 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He won't be an All-Star, Chandler will probably be chosen over him for the reserve spot, unless he plays to his potential, but i can't see it happening, he is a borderline bust for the number 1 pick anyway, hasn't been what people expected him to be.

Reply #346306 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Thats such crap anon about being a bust! Has had a very solid NBA career hence the massive contract he signed.

Reply #346310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah of course he's been a solid player, i'm not disputing that, but he's the number 1 pick for crying out loud, he was meant to be the franchise guy, a 20-10 guy every night, perennial all star and one of the top players in the league, he probably won't ever be an all-star, he's never averaged 20-10 and he's in his prime, that is a bust because he was drafted no.1.

If he wants to realise his potential at all he has to get out of Milwaukee, a change of scenery may help him realise what he was meant to be.

Reply #346311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you don't have to average 20/10 to be all star calibre. I'd take boguts 15 and 12 with 2 blocks, and a charge drawn per game any day of the week.

Reply #346314 | Report this post

Sixersfan  
Years ago

Anon you obviously dont know much about NBA or basketball do you?

Bogut is one of the best 3 centres in the league. Look at his improvement over the last few years and with his injury he sustained was only on the up. You dont need to be a 20/10 centre to be a force, Bogut is multi dimensinal. He is more defence minded but can score 16-25 on any given night.

Reply #346316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut is not top 3 in Cs, Bynum, Howard, Marc Gasol are just three quick ones that are better then him. There's also Al 'black hole' Jefferson. even Andrea Bargnani who's playing defense this year is probably above him this season (and i watch quite a few nba games and i well and truly know the game of basketball) Bogut is a great defender and will be runner up in DPOY again, but he was expected to be so much more and definately has not lived up to the expectations that was cast upon him on draft night.

Reply #346321 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

i tend to agree with anon on this one. he's not #1 pick caliber IMO. as mentioned DHoward is ahead of him and also #1 pick, who would you take of the 2?

In the same class, who would you take CP3, DWill or Bogut? and don't talk about Bucks don't need PG at the time because NBA lottery picks are based on talent and potential than positional needs (e.g. current Wolves).

while I wouldn't go as far as calling him a bust but definitely not worthy a #1 pick and Bogut wouldn't be top 3 center either.

at the same time, to be fair the much loved John Wall is playing with fire with his current performances

Reply #346324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have to pick up his game a lot! Do they even need a backup C? Dwight might be the only center on the East team. Even so, I would take Spencer Hawes over him right now. That wasn't a knock on Bogut btw aha.

Reply #346333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ps. Everyone on that list is ahead of Bogut right now. Not hating but he has barely played...

Reply #346334 | Report this post

aiden  
Years ago

He's absolutely not a "bust" aka Kwame Brown, but yeh he's not chris paul or deron williams at the same time. But hey it was a weird draft .. Julius Hodge was drafted ahead of david lee and monta ellis sooo

Reply #346340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I'd take boguts 15 and 12 with 2 blocks"

He has only averaged over 15PPG once in his career, and had never averaged over 12RPG. This season he is averaging 13.5PPG and 9.2RPG (43.9% from the field, pathetic for a centre).

Reply #346343 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

There has to be a centre chosen for a reserve, I'm sure of that. Because of that rule, Jamaal Magloire got picked over Lebron James for the all-star game one year. Go figure.

Reply #346346 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

It's not like Bogut nominated himself to be the first draft pick, or had the option to reject their choice because he didn't think he was up to it. He was picked, he has had a solid career, an unfortunate injury, but has picked up the pieces. He won't be a superstar but he is far from being a bust no matter what position he was picked at.

It's also not his fault that the Milwaukee front office continually surround him with me-first players.

Reply #346389 | Report this post

lol  
Years ago

15/12 was a quick snap judgement. I also said 2 blocks .. he averaged 2.7 blocks last year - interesting you didn't correct me on that.

Reply #346393 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

I don't think Milwaukee's record is good enough at the moment for him to make the all star squad. Got to agree with anon here I think Spencer Hawes will get the nod if Philly can keep winning games, coaches love winners

Reply #346433 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

"(and i watch quite a few nba games and i well and truly know the game of basketball)" might just be the best thing ive ever read on this forum.

Reply #346478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

spencer hawes showed how good he is today bogut had a double double on him 21 and 10

Reply #346842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spencer Hawes has actually been having a very good season, and has been one of the major reasons Philly has one of the best records in the NBA at the moment.

Reply #346845 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:22 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754