Bizzy
Years ago

NBA Finals

So now that the 8th and Final Spot is decided in the East.

Who do people think will make it through the 1st round?

East
Miami v NJN?
Detroit v Phili?
Boston v Indiana?
Chicago v Wizards?

For me Miami, Detroit, Pacers and Bulls

West
Phoenix v Memphis?
SAS v Denver?
Seattle v Kings?
Dallas v Houston?

For me Phoenix, Denver (in upset of the finals), Seattle and Dallas

Topic #2731 | Report this topic

statue of liberty  
Years ago

NEW JERSEY ARE IN!!@#!@#!@$@!

Reply #30789 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Detroit all the way...again

Reply #30790 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Who from Denver is going to stop Duncan? He is the premier playoffs performer of the last 5 years, and will come up big again.

Indiana and Boston will be an awesome series. Reggie to go out with a bang. He's been playing awesome ball lately.

Chicago/Wizards could be a preview of next year's East Conf Finals.

I hope Yao goes off in the playoffs, but I think Dirk will get Dallas into the second round

Reply #30796 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Some very interesting match up's....

In the East I like the Pacers over Boston, Wizards over Bulls, Pistons over Philly and the Heat just over the Nets.

If Alonzo was still with the Nets I would of probably tipped in their favour over the Heat. Shaq is gonna dominate as the Nets truely lack a centre.

Westside, I'm liking the Suns over the Griz, Spurs over the Nugs (matchup of the 1st round), I have a feeling that the Kings will beat Seattle (playoff experience thingy) and Dallas and Houston.....can't seperate, but I'm going Dallas (like Dirk more than McGrady).

It's gonna be a cracker of a playoff series, and the happiest thing about it all, the LeBron's missed out, meaning the Cats have two lottery picks..... GO CATS!!!!

Reply #30826 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is Brad Miller back for the finals or still out injured?

Reply #30827 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

As yet he's not going to back for the 1st round.

Reply #30828 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Jersey Baby!!!!!

Cmon now, say it loud and say it proud...

N...E...T...S... Nets, Nets, Nets

Kidd and Vince, with RJ hopefully coming back, and rednut Scalabrine stepping up, we got Miami on toast!!!!

Reply #30845 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Theres gonna be a big upset with Philly beatin Detriot.

Reply #30852 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think you need your head read G-Funk. Phili doesn't have the depth to give it to Detroit. THIS YEAR anyway. If they make some good trades in the Off-Season and bring in some back up for AI they'll have a fair crack next year.

Reply #30866 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I would love to see Jersey win but can't see it happening. Seattles my pick. A suns win would be nice to but they just arnt deep enough.

Reply #30896 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

I'm hoping Houston get though to the second round as well as Phoenix, pistons and the wizards. But you no that Miami is a lock for the second round. i have denver making the upset of the round.

Reply #30920 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

I think NJ have the best shot of causing an upset in the 1st round.
They have nothing that will stop Shaq but who does. The Heat will struggle to contain Carter and Kidd matches up pretty favourably on Wade.

I think Pacers will beat Boston in the 1st round, but not have much left for the Pistons in the semis.

Washington will beat the Bulls, who will really miss Curry.

Phili have no hope against the Pistons.

Phoenix will probbly sweep Memphis.

Spurs will likely beat Denver tho they might test them.

Sacto should beat Seattle if Peja is healthy.

Dallas v Houston is the best matchup of the round. Both teams deserve to make it past the 1st round ahead of teams like Sacto and Seattle. I'd love to see Houston win but I think Dallas will be too much.

Reply #30957 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I really hope the Finals is a heat vs spurs SHAQ V DUNCAN matchup, its been a while since 2 mega stars squared off in the big dance

Reply #31392 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Good to see Denver get up in Game 1. I think that if they can keep Camby, Nene and K-Mart rotating on Duncan in defence it will be hard for him to have a real break-out game. If the Spurs are to win everyone is going to need to step up in Game 2. We'll have to wait and see what Duncan can produce once his ankle gets it's strength back.

Was a good game between Wizards and Bulls. Nice to see Gordon light it up - ROY and 6th Man in my eyes.

Anyone watch Reggie and the Pacers get routed? I think it was 8 secs after Ricky Davis came in that he scored and Celtics didn't look back from there.

Reply #31407 | Report this post

snoop  
Years ago

How good are the bulls they are missing Eddy CURRY and Luol Deng and they beat the Wizards. You all thought this day will never come but they are a team on the rise and no one can stop the bulls. The mighty bulls have six rookies and they can still kickass. Even though they do not beat Detroit they are the team to watch out for. Go Ben, Kirk and Nocioni

Reply #31447 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Houston have just gone up 2 - 0 against the Mavs. Huge game from Ming and a game winner from McGrady have sealed a 2 point win

Looks like the Mavs will again come up short in the finals

Reply #31465 | Report this post

Bszkutnicki  
Years ago

Dallas Maverics vs. Indiana Pacers

Reply #38088 | Report this post

Bszkutnicki  
Years ago

Indiana Pacers and Dallas Maverics

Reply #38092 | Report this post

Bszkutnicki  
Years ago

That guy is the next Michael Jordan. No doubt about it.

Reply #38094 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:33 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754