Rasheed30
Years ago

Howard adds Clippers to wish list.

ESPN just reported Dwight has now added the Los Angeles Clippers to his wish list of teams to be traded to. Paul, Griiffen & Howard together that's a pretty decent trio. Would likely give up Jordan & Butler + picks etc...

Topic #27336 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would never happen, Blake would never allow his best friend Jordan to get traded. And there's no deal that the Magic could get from the CLippers that would appeal to them anyway.

Reply #346867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would take mo will Jordan butler draft picks and god knows what else and they would be forced to take hedo back

Reply #346870 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Dumbest decision by a franchise EVER if they do that. Paul was more than enough.

Time to actually Develop their existing roster rather than fish for more pieces. Jordan is already in a mould where he can be developed into a great defensive stopper, potentially a Next-Gen Chandler.

Howard and Griffin wouldn't work at all. Mo Williams will replace Chauncey if he's kept. Butler is a solid 3-man.

They just need to play a few seasons with the Roster. They already have finals contender against their name with the lineup. A few seasons and it will be Title contender.

Reply #346875 | Report this post

Blazefan  
Years ago

Eddie House (our resident Hoops Homie), will be pleased.

Reply #346879 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I really don't like this whole idea of a trade wishlist.

Its quite disrespectful to the Magic..They have done a lot for him and if I was them, I would be annoyed. You don't see Steve Nash (who is old and championship-less going around with a trade wishlist).

This whole Lebron to the Heat saga has encouraged players to form teams full of superstars. I hate it. Why don't you earn your title Dwight?

I also find it so damn annoying that he would say the Clippers because of the fact they have CP3 and Blake.

Howard is making a big deal out of this and he is making it seem like he has had rough years in Orlando..
Im thinking dude, since 08-09 your team has made NBA finals, EC S.Finals and the Eastern Conference Finals. Furthermore this season you still got a really good team and your 9-3!!!

I thought the whole reason why we had a lockout was because owners were annoyed and worried that small market teams were losing their superstars to the big market teams.

I just think Howard is been a bit unappreciative and ungrateful of what he has in Orlando.

I know he wants to win a ring, but why does he deserve to win a ring more than DeAndre Jordan.

Jordan has played the last 3 seasons with the Clippers and he has had to deal with the following seasons: W-L
19-63
29-53
32-50

I like what Patrick Ewing recently told Dwight.
Ewing said that he regretted leaving NY, and confirmed it was a case of "you don't know what you got till it's gone".

Ewing told Dwight to stay with Orlando.

Reply #346890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even Superman is jumping on the Clipper bandwagon. The wheels will fall off soon enough, just watch...

Reply #346898 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

MACDUB, Ewing is an assistant coach for the Orlando Magic. What else would he tell Howard?

Reply #346904 | Report this post

Da_Lebron  
Years ago

Eddie house played like 2mins of the NBA finals vs the Mavericks. He screwed up and is now a bencher. He is earning the big coin in endorsements thanks to the magic three that like offense.

Reply #346912 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Why does everyone assume he would get traded for Jordan? It was floated a couple of weeks ago a Howard for Griffin trade. Clippers would trump everyone with that. And let's be realistic, Clippers would be crazy not to take it too. Howard is still only 26.
Of course they would have to add some filler to make salary's work.

Reply #346919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ewing will probably go where howard goes as he is his personal coach

Reply #346955 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Everyone talks about loyalty in sports, unfortunately it is no more, and for the money and opportunities available it shouldn't be either.

Orlando 'won' Dwight in a lottery, he went there and gave them 8 good years service. Now his chance to move is coming up again and he has notified his team early that he probably won't hang around. He has given them the chance to get something back for him while they can (which LeBron didn't do). Why would you begrudge him going to LA to make more money (which he surely would do out of endorsements and the higher profile living in LA will bring) and experience 'stardom'. Shaq did it and it turned out pretty well for him.

Steve Nash left Dallas, his best mate and a club he loved playing for to chase the money. That worked out well for him.

Clubs are pretty quick to pull the gun on trades if they think it suits them (see Lamar Odom).

Reply #346974 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Two thumbs up Nutwork, I heartily agree

Reply #347017 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Good points Nutwork.

I don't necessarily begrudge Howard for wanting to move to bigger and better things.

Its more annoying that he has compiled a trade wishlist. Since when should he have the power to decide where to go?

Someone needs to remind Howard of the other side of getting traded -- the fact that you can actually end up in a WORSE team that before.

He needs to realize that the Magic will get the best deal possible for you, even if that means you end up in Memphis or Washington.

I would laugh he ended up in a terrible team and had some lean years.

Then ask him what he thinks about trades..I bet he won't meet the idea with the same warmth and enthusiasm.

Reply #347028 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

Howard has the power to decide where to go because he is going to be a free agent at the end of the season.

Very few teams would give up valuable assets in a trade with the Magic for Howard if he isn't going to stick around. Why would Washington in this example trade whatever few assets they have that are worth anything to rent Howard for half the season?

Howard has to make this list of teams he wants too play for because if a team isn't on his list they probably won't trade for him because they know they can't keep him. They know he won't sign an extension and will sign with a different team in the offseason.

So if Howard goes to a lousy team, you better enjoy your laugh because it will only be for a few months because he won't be resigning there.

Reply #347199 | Report this post

z  
Years ago

Someone should remind Howard he lost the final series cause he had no offensive low post moves.

Great player, just couldnt score from the block when it counted.

Reply #347704 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:20 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754