HoldenV8
Years ago

NBL Attendance - Round 16

We're 16 rounds into the 2011-12 NBL season and there are only 9 to go. Not a bad round attendance wise. In fact, other than another TBA crowd in Townsville it was a pretty damn good round attendance wise.

Breakers vs Tigers - 4,000 @ NSEC (91%)
Kings vs Wildcats - 7,532 @ SEC (72%)
Taipans vs Hawks - 4,747 @ CCC (90%)
Blaze vs Tigers - 4,170 @ GCCS (79%)
Crocodiles vs Hawks - ? @ TEC (?%)
36ers vs Taipans - 5,076 @ AA (63%)

The second sellout crowd in Auckland in a row resulted in a very good Breakers home crowd of 4,000. Getting closer to the playoffs it seems the people of Auckland are coming out more and more to see the defending champs. And not a bad crowd for a Thursday either.

Friday's crowd in Sydney was not only the best Aussie crowd of the season so far but the biggest in the league beating the 6,900 who saw the Breakers & Kings in Round 5 in Auckland. Not quite the 8-9K they were expecting but who's going to complain about a crowd of 7,532? I know I'm not.

Yet ANOTHER very good crowd in Cairns saw the visiting Hawks snap a 7 games losing streak. The Taipans are still yet to have a home crowd under 4K this season and aren't likely to at this stage...

For the Gold Coast Blaze the attendance on Saturday night at The Furnace was a huge improvement over their season average and good to see too. I guess it helps that the Blaze are playing some good ball at the moment.

No idea what the crowd in Townsville was.....again. Seriously, how hard is it to get a crowd figure from up there? I've had more luck getting blood from a stone.

Well, what can I say about the crowd in Adelaide? Its not often that a crowd of over 5K is not the biggest in this league but it happened. The only downside is that once again the 36ers found a way to lose a game they should have had won after the 1st.

So there you have it, the biggest crowd of the season so far set this round and not one crowd under 4K (with the possible exception of Townsville, but who knows??). What did someone say last week about the NBL crowds not growing? Not one venue that we know of was less than 60% filled and the total known attendance was 25,525. Even without knowing the crowd at The Swamp the average attendance for Rd.16 (all 6 games) was still 4,254 which is nothing to sneeze at, especially in this league.

Topic #27386 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Arena capacity is not 8,000

never was

and even less now due to raa lounge

Reply #347757 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

7,800 seats and a coupla hundred standing at netball and Mahers last game.
A little less , now.

Reply #347759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3635 of 5151 in Townsville last game against Wollongong

Reply #347763 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I agree with you and have actually e-mailed the Adelaide Arena asking for confirmation of what their actual capacity for 36ers games is.

Reply #347764 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

And anon, thanks for the crowd update for the Crocs/Hawks game :)

Reply #347765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no probs - keep up the good work!

do you have stats on the last few years so you can compare each venue and the whole comp?

Reply #347768 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

The only previous season's stats I have access to right now (without sending a request to the NBL for the figures) are the previous seasons up on Wikipedia.

Reply #347776 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Thanks again Holden V8

Reply #347777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The average for this time last year was approx 3920. At this stage this year it is approx 4110. Check my maths but that sounds like roughly a 5% increase to this point.

Reply #347790 | Report this post

hah  
Years ago

No way was there 5000 at sixers fame.

Reply #347794 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers are expecting a decent crowd for the Kings game at Vector Arena this week. Announced earlier in the week that they had pre sold 5600 so won't be surprised if they sell out

Reply #347923 | Report this post

Hoopball!  
Years ago

the number of seats in the Arena is approx 7,390

Reply #349037 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:49 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754