celtic green
Years ago

Is it time to fire D'antoni

Saunders got clipped the other day, and the knicks seem to be doing horrible for the front line they have. I realise they have no point guard but does D'antoni get canned for this effort? I don't think Melo and STAT work together but I can't see Dolan giving up on either of them yet

Topic #27404 | Report this topic

Ricey  
Years ago

He needs to go. He has the pieces to go deep in playoffs, but he doesn't know how to coach them properly unless it's a fast break. Make room for Dr. Phil

Reply #348297 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Knicks need defence.

Bring in the 90's boys to the coaching staff.

Ewing, Oakley and Starks. They'll be tough and hard nosed then.

Reply #348306 | Report this post

chewie  
Years ago

Not sure how it is Mikes fault putting Carmello with Amare, gutting the entire roster and then losing. Neither guy has played much D in their careers.
They have no PG to even out the shots with quality distribution. TC has quietly surprised me, as I really expected the dreaded post contract form to occur, but he just seems to steadily improve.

The fault is squarely with the owner on this one. In a shortened season, depth in your squad is everything.

Will be interesting to see if they make a play for Nash and his wheelchair at the end of the season.

Reply #348429 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Even though he's got a tough roster to work with, D'Antoni can't even get his guys doing the basics right. I haven't seen much sign of him being a master strategist or a people manager.

Reply #348669 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:12 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754