pwned
Years ago

Bogut in yet another injury scare

From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

"Andrew Bogut was healthy and Bucks coach Scott Skiles was talking earlier Wednesday about ways to increase the big man's scoring production a few points a game.

Then it happened, without warning late in the first quarter of the Bucks' game against the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night.

Bogut went up to try to block a shot by Rockets guard Kyle Lowry and came down on Lowry's foot. The 7-foot center twisted his left ankle and limped off the court with the help of Bucks trainer Marc Boff.

After the game, Bogut sat in front of his locker with a grimace on his face and a large black boot on his left foot.

"It wasn't good," Bogut said. "I knew when I came down I was in some trouble. Keeping optimistic, everything's fine with the X-ray, but that's to be expected. I know I didn't break a bone."

Topic #27410 | Report this topic

pwned  
Years ago

Full article at:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/138100893.html

Reply #348269 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

"Then it happened, without warning late in the first quarter of the Bucks' game against the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night."

...It's so rough that it happened without warning.

Reply #348270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah most of us have an hour ior 2 to deal with an injury before it happens, usually some medical nastradamus comes and alerts us that were about to sprain our ankle... but we have to keep playing the game to fulfill the prophesy.

Reply #348277 | Report this post

MikefromtheK  
Years ago

Sometimes athletes have pre-existing conditions especially when it's soft tissue injuries. Lots of players play with ankles that aren't 100% or anything that's probs why the journalist wrote that.

Reply #348286 | Report this post

Flep  
Years ago

Fractured ankle. No info on duration yet. Bucks fans will be tearing their hair out.

Reply #348287 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218599/Bogut_Out_Indefinitely_With_Fractured_Left_Ankle

Feel bad for Bogut, he just can't seem to catch a break (no pun intended)

Reply #348295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if this fractured ankle will keep out of the Olympics this year?

Reply #348307 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Not sure about ankles but when I fractured my scaphoid (wrist) it was a good three months before I could play sport again. I guess bogut might still make the Olympics but will the Bucks put the hard word on and convince him not to play again? He won't have any match fitness or form coming in either as his NBA season is surely done now

Reply #348309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As having fractured an ankle, they are terrible injury to come back from, and you'll never achieve the level you were at before, it will be 3 months before returning and probably another year to a year and a half until it feels right underneath him again.

In terms of olympics, i think it's in Bogut's best interest to retire from international basketball so he can look after his body and focus purely on the NBA.

Reply #348310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Beantown that was what I was thinking. You'd think he'd be right to play by the Olympics but surely the Bucks will tell him not to play.

Would be a huge blow for the Boomers but Bogut's time in the green & gold is starting to feel a bit like Longley again, either injured or chooses to sit out so as not to effect his potential NBA stock.

What's it been 4 years since he last played for the Boomers?

Reply #348318 | Report this post

UTBNB  
Years ago

Bucks need to chase a Center. What's Anderson Varejao status?

Reply #348339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee he's fragile. Gheorge Muresan anybody?

Reply #348375 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The stuff about not playing for the Boomers is a bit premature. He played in 04, 06 and 08, missed 10 with a shocking injury and has said he will play next year.

Until he actually doesnt play he certainly shouldnt be bagged for not playing for Australia.

Reply #348380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not really, he hasn't played a single game for the Boomers since 2008.

Reply #348399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is he fragile? Freak accident with his elbow, what was he supposed to do, walk it off?
If you've ever played the game you would see that landing on someone else's foot is a mechanism of injury in basketball. Unlucky to fracture his ankle, but when you are 260lbs then the force is pretty great.
Concussion had to sit out due to NBA rules.
Over all of his foot/back problems from early in his career, now he's just plain unlucky.

Reply #348411 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He's played every major tournament except for the WCs after his elbow injury.

Reply #348414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The guy is made of glass!

Reply #348463 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:47 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754