Just wondering is it ABL or ABA now

Topic #2743 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

check out the links on the side bar of this website, in particular

ABL statistics
ABL tipping

then the topics across the top, see how it goes General, Sixers ABL

if your still unsure click on the link "About Hoops SA" that leads you to the discussion on the ABL competition.

THis is the second season (i think, correct me if i am wrong) that it has been ABL.

Reply #30976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i was just checking considering a lot of people still refer to ABA

Eg. The last Post

Reply #30979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The national competition is still the Australian Basketball Association, however, certain competitions have adopted the ABL title, such as the Queensland Australian Basketball League and South East Australian Basketball League.

I think the easiest thing to do is call Adelaide's competition by its correct name, the Central Conference.

Reply #30984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interesting thing i noticed tonight, Southern Senior team had an ABA badge on their jersey. This can't be an old badge, as they are new uniforms...

Reply #31127 | Report this post

new hat man  
Years ago

must b a typo then

Reply #31128 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

It would be definetly easiest for the state league to be more widely called the Central conference or Central ABL.

Reply #31209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What flipping difference does it make? The winners go to Geelong to play in the ABA Finals!!

Reply #31220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Central ABL is only one conference of the Australian Basketball Association of which all leagues are ABL's......

Maybe you folk should look outside the square you live in!

Reply #31263 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754