crocsfan
Years ago

Is Luke Schenscher still carrying an injury?

I watched the Perth/Townsville replay this morning and noticed how awkwardly Luke Schensher is moving, very slow laterally and looks genuinely in pain when running. I'll bet he has not recovered properly from the hip issues.

Topic #27436 | Report this topic

kobe24  
Years ago

Nah he is fine, id say just getting his legs, not easy for a guy that big too comeback after zero preseason, and compete against guys 6 weeks in, who are fit and have there rhythm up. Big guys can be fragile at the best of times, id say as long as he is right come finals time, fitness wise, then the Crocs are in a very good position.

Reply #348699 | Report this post

birdman  
Years ago

i think that is just the way he moves because he is so tall!

Reply #348705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs have played 10 games now with Luke for 7 wins - i think he is doing fine!

Reply #348724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glad he turned down the huge offer from the sixers,he is washed up.

Reply #348725 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Luke's playing about 22 MPG for 8/5/2. His career averages are 26 MPG for 13/8/1. Maybe hard to fit him into a line-up with Ballinger and Johnson, but not really washed up.

Reply #348740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha anon far from a huge offer from the 6ers. Gave him the old Indian giver treatment anyways, Clarke hasnt held much concrete in anything he has done since then.

Reply #348764 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I don't know if Big Red is still being restricted by injury (he seems to be moving freely), he's just not in great form and was clearly outplayed not only by DJ last Wednesday night despite the Crocs 10 point win but Luke Nevill also outplayed Big Red in Perth on Saturday night.

Considering their respective seasons so far I'd say we've been better off with DJ with the form he's mostly been in, especially on offense than we might have been with Big Red.

Besides, if we had managed to get Schenscher back here in Adelaide then Clarke would more than likely have DJ the same as last season, playing from the bench and having us wondering what he could do with more court time.

DJ:
PPG (2011-12) - 16.4; (career) - 9.8
Rebs (2011-12) - 8.1; (career) - 4.5
FG% (2011-12) - 45.0; (career) - 49.2
Ass (2011-12) - 1.6; (career) - 0.8
Blk (2011-12) - 1.3; (career) - 0.6
TO (2011-12) - 2.0; (career) - 1.2
Mins (2011-12) - 29.58 (career pre 2011-12) - 16.12

Big Red:
PPG (2011-12) - 7.9; (career) - 12.9
Rebs (2011-12) - 5.0; (career) - 7.6
FG% (2011-12) - 38.8; (career) - 52.2
Ass (2011-12) - 2.2; (career) - 1.4
Blk (2011-12) - 0.6; (career) - 1.1
TO (2011-12) - 1.1; (career) - 1.8
Mins (2011-12) - 22.70 (career pre 2011-12) - 21.52

While this season DJ is averaging double (or close to it) for just about every category on his career averages, Big Red has seen a worrying decline in his output other than assists and this despite playing pretty much his career average minutes since his return from injury. So on an individual level I'd say we've got the better deal so far.

Reply #348779 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

But in saying that where is Townsville on the NBL ladder compared to the 36ers? Though I would hardly blame Adelaide being 8th on DJ, and the Crocs have won 7 from 10 since Big Red returned, as anon #348724 already stated (they were 3-4 before his return against the Hawks in Rd.9)

Reply #348784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While stats are being tossed around, just a thought.....
A non statistical part of Luke's game is that he gives the Crocs offence a different look/option with a post presence that if not respected/contained by the D WILL hurt you. In addtion, if the post D is correctly ref'd then he will draw a 1/2 dozen fouls a night.

Reply #348785 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Have to agree there anon, Schenscher's presence gives the Crocs a whole different look.

I wonder, if it wasn't for contracts, would Townsville have rather kept Vanderjagt or Allen as Big Red's backup?

Reply #348792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, DJ can't be solely blamed for the 36ers woes these past couple of seasons but he has to take his fair share of the blame as he gives up just as much if not more at the defensive end.

However success seems to follow Schenscher around:

2009 (w/36ers): 1st Rd playoffs (last time 36ers made it to the playoffs)

2010 (w/Wildcats): Championship

2011 (w/Crocs): Semi-Finals

2012 (w/Crocs): Currently 3rd on the ladder

Reply #348810 | Report this post

MikefromtheK  
Years ago

Yeh just his presence helps whichever team he's playing for. Most of the time he gets double teamed down in the post, which always leaves a player open. In a team like Townville he really complements them because he allows shooters like Crawford and Cedar to take better shot selections since they have less pressure on them.

Reply #348816 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:29 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754