Az
Years ago

Breakers vs Wildcats, Feb 2

Wildcats v Breakers on Thursday in NZ.
Game of the season? Who wins and why?

(Mod: Topic pinned to the top until the afternoon of the game.)

Topic #27441 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats by 12 points. There Depth is the best in the NBL. Robins Knight Waggstaff all putting up big numbers when called on. Can't see them losing many more games this season.

Reply #348767 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could depend on any ins and outs? I assume Matt Knight is in?

Might go with Breakers because of the home-court advantage, but easily game of the round.

Reply #348769 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers to win at home. Breakers should enjoy higher shooting percentages at the NSEC after a pretty average conversion rate at Vector against the Kings.

Reply #348819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know where I can stream this game. Haven't had much luck on any sites the last couple of games in nz.

Reply #348864 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mystro, I imagine that Vector was unavailable for this one? Surely you'd keep playing there given the crowds?

Reply #348884 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

it costs the club a bomb compared to NSEC and is pre booked for concerts and productions often. I think they only booked it for 3 games this season as a trial and although everyone has embraced it while we are winning, crowds in Auckland can be pretty fickle. I personally don't like Vector as the car parking is expensive and the catering offers average crap for top dollar, NSEC is easy to fill with cheap parking and reasonably priced food and drinks and NSEC has the crowd right on the court as well. I'd rather a full NSEC over a half full Vector although the way they have been selling out games recently another 8k crowd prob wouldn't be out of the question.
I have followed the Breakers since day dot and know for a fact that half the fans are only interested because we are winning games.

Reply #348916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still winners are grinners! I never really understand the arguement that the food etc is expensive at the game. I have been a season ticket holder for years, would never consider buying the crap junk food on offer at sports events... get a feed before the game, and use your hands to clap not eat i say. Vector isnt in a great location as far as transport, but inside its 1000 times better than the Hillcrest style thing they play in out of the city. In a perfect world, NBL teams will all play in the Vector style stadiums one of these days.

Reply #348938 | Report this post

vertigo  
Years ago

A big crowd at NSEC gives the breakers a 5 point edge already. Money is on the breakers but come finals time, Perth only cos they know they can

Reply #348960 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Anon: the games tip off at 7:30 pm and I finish work at 5:30 and live and work in South Auckland. If I want to make the game on time like many Aucklanders there is no time to stop and eat beforehand.
NSEC doesn't have crap food either, sure they have hotdogs and chips etc but they also offer healthier alternatives like Sushi at reasonable prices. Vector uses an Australian Catering company that costs a bomb while being fairly shit and don't even get me started on the beer on offer.

Reply #348975 | Report this post

snake5  
Years ago

Breakers. At home........tough for anyone.

Reply #348990 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'938, or just go out to eat after the game. There are always restaurants in Adelaide serving at 10-11ish at night after a 36ers game.

Reply #349006 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I'm hoping for big games from Jackson and Abercrombie tonight. Be nice to sit top of the table without Perth but NZ are going to have to play hard to win this.

Reply #349020 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

who are they playing tonight?

Reply #349056 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

sorry been a long day at work, meant tomorrow lol.

Lemanis is trying to play this down as "just another game" but no one is buying it, what happens in this game will have a lot to say about what happens in the finals and final seedings and NZ's back to back title aspirations.
If NZ can get this win it will be huge however Perth deserve a tremendous amount of respect.
If NZ can play to their full potential (not just D.C, CJ and Wilkinson and Abercrombie) and play 40mins of "Breaker" basketball, I believe they will grind out a close win.

Reply #349081 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Can't believe this game isn't be televised either. Hands down game of the season especially after Perth smashing NZ in their first match.
The game is there for 1HD to broadcast, SKYSPORT are covering it and have always made NZ games available to the official Australian Broadcaster.
From memory didn't you guys get a lot of the Breakers home games broadcast last season? Pretty much last few weeks we have had Breakers games live followed by live coverage from Australia of the broadcast game of the night. Last week after Kings Vs Breakers at Vector they played Hawks Vs Tigers live as a double header.
It sucks that you guys are getting the shit end of the stick with TV coverage. There has been to much of a stink about it for the right people to not know how the public feel about it especially looking forward.

Reply #349084 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Yeah.. you made me double check to make sure I got my tips and fantasy team in on time haha..

Also, pretty sure almost every NZ game was on One last season? Well every NZ thursday game?

Reply #349088 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

every home game last season for NZ was on a thurs night at the NSEC I'm pretty sure. While everyone might not be Breakers supporters at least it's another game almost every week and their opposition supporters got to watch the game and see how their team went. NBL games in NZ are getting pretty decent viewer numbers can't see why Australia can't be the same especially with a Brisbane franchise in the comp.

Reply #349114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no live stream????

Reply #349213 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers take the win with pretty balanced scoring. Lisch with 20 and Wilkinson with 18. Perth hit 4 treys all game where NZ hit them all night. Bruton hit them back to back and even Jackson hit a couple.
The game resembled rugby at times but pretty happy the Breakers got the win to go top of the table.

Reply #349218 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:06 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754