celtic green
Years ago

Griffin throws it down over Perkins!

Another ridiculous dunk by Griffin, this time over one of my favourite players (even though he plays somewhere else now) Kendrick Perkins. Similar to the one he did last year against Mozgov, but this ahs to count for more cause it is over Perkins

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7522167

Topic #27452 | Report this topic

Wayne  
Years ago

Offensive foul

Reply #348923 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Man, Blake Griffin has springs instead of legs! Perkins tried to get across but Blake was already in the air. Yes he does man-handle Perk with his off-hand, but that was AFTER Perkins caused the contact stepping up under him. Definitely not an offensive foul. Besides, Perk's a big boy, he can take it! ;-)

The start of that clip reminded me of the Mozgov dunk actually. I thought that was better, because he just made Mozgov look stupid the way Blake crossed him up twice and then just jammed all over him!

I hope Blake's body holds together, because he is great fun to watch, but I cringe when I think about what he must be doing to his knees!

Reply #348925 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

CCCRRRAAAZZZYYY!!!!!!!!!

Reply #348929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too awesome to be called an offensive foul.... Stern wouldve had the ref who made that call!

Reply #348930 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Sorry I dropped off the LOL

Who cares that is not human

Reply #348941 | Report this post

Bball Fan  
Years ago

INSANE!!!!!!!!

Reply #348943 | Report this post

Wound  
Years ago

Embedded for easy viewing

Reply #348947 | Report this post

Wound  
Years ago

And a comparison of Mozgov and Perkins

Reply #348948 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Neither dunk impressed me as a dunk. It was a good play but only in the perkins play did he actually touch the ring and barely. How can that even be considered dunk of the year when he just threw the ball in....

Reply #348950 | Report this post

Flep  
Years ago

@KingJames

I think you name gives it away dude. Nice try though.

Reply #348970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kendrick Perkins deleted his twitter too

Reply #348973 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Hard to please King James, hard to please

Reply #348974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If someone has his shoulder above the rim and is high enough to throw the ball downwards, I'm sorry but that is considered a dunk

Reply #348981 | Report this post

maxx  
Years ago

I agree, Griffin has got some mad hops, but Lebrons dunk over Lucas was more impressive....

Reply #348988 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Did James have a 6'11" 270pound player trying to to force him away from the ring???

Both are amazing athletes, just hoping Griffin keeps his ego in check, unlike others!!! :)

Reply #349009 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

KingJames, A dunk is essentially throwing the ball in the net, but hitting the rim with your hand.

So, despite the lack of "Rim Shaking", it's still a dunk. At least this time, he actually managed to touch the Rim.

Reply #349034 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Actually I don't like Lebron James, I am not sure why I went with this nick name but it has stuck.

I just think that you can look at the top 10 dunks of the week and they are better then that because they are actually dunks. That play by Griffin just looked good because it was original and a tough play to make.

Reply #349044 | Report this post

Posterized  
Years ago

This is deffinately better than Lebrons dunk. The power that Griffin threw it down with is amazing. I bet you Kendrick Perkins won't stand in the way of Griffin anymore. Haha

Reply #349051 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:04 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754