Tiger Watcher
Years ago

Kings meeting to discuss coaching future

Syd shareholders are having a owners meeting before the week is over to discuss the future direction of the coaching panel for 2012/13 season.....I'm aware of a number of players who have had contract negociations put on hold until the coaching situation is sorted out.

Watch this space!

Topic #27456 | Report this topic

hoopie  
Years ago

there are lots better than Robilliard

Reply #349007 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

I think it's time Goorj gave up the China gig.

Reply #349010 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

Boti Nagy please stand up!

Reply #349019 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Average OKKA - give it a rest - another Boti hater?
Boti is a journalist, and while he does coach at a junior level I am aware that he does not, and has no interest in ever coaching at the NBL/WNBL level.
Curtley - with regards to Goorjian - it is my understanding that he is being pad A LOT OF MONEY in China. Why would he come back to coach the Kings? Been there done that and they went broke (maybe some sort of relationship there)?

Reply #349026 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Boti's situation is like the Opposition party - it's easy to find things that are wrong, but it's a LOT harder to do the right things when you're in charge.

Reply #349033 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

Not a hater sir, just that Boti is in the same boat as Skip Bayless. Could never play or coach but can absolutely smash those that do (whether its within reason or not, the tune remains the same) I agree he is a journo but his negative 'cunningness" becomes the same old same old.

Reply #349038 | Report this post

ineedmore  
Years ago

Regarding Botund, I'd personally be shocked if his pieces were positive at the moment. Maybe flick back to our 'glory days' and read some of his pieces.
I believe he just reflects the current state of affairs of the Sixers team and organisation.

Reply #349070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, get Goorjian back if you want to send the club broke again!

They definitely need to replace Robilliard. I wonder whether they will go after Clarke or Gleeson!! ;)

Reply #349108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorjian send the Kings broke. When did he send a club broke last? It wasn't the Dragons and it wasnt the Kings.

Reply #349113 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

A coach is never responsible for a club going broke. He is only responsible for the club not winning. The men in suits are paid to manage financials. Not sure why Goorj is always blamed for making clubs go broke, if he wants expensive players, its up to the suits to say no.

Reply #349149 | Report this post

True  
Years ago

While I agree anyone will do a better job than Robillard, I dissagree that Goorjian sent the team broke. He did win the Kings its first of 3 NBL GF and therefore give credit where credit is do. He is getting paid too much money to even consider coming back to coach the kings and im sure the kings owners know they are willing to even offer the $$ it would take for goorjian to even meet with them. So that leaves them to look within australia ASAP for the 2012/13 kings coach to put some pride back into the organisation and passion into the players...

Im sure there will be a long list of coaches from all levels who put their name forward trying to get the job. Lets hope the king owners have learnt from their
TERRIBLE mistake of hiring robilliard and select a coach staff with nbl coaching & playing experience.

True

Reply #349360 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Where ever Brian Goorjian went folded in the following years. Either the bloke had bad luck or promised the world, owners threw their wallets in as part of the support and at the end of the day anyone can buy a championship however it is likely they will go bust during the process.

Reply #349372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly you know nothing about the former owner of the Kings FM, nor the reasons that the Dragons didn't want to play in the NBL anymore.
Neither had anything to do with Goorjian.

Reply #349382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Owners meeting today.

Reply #350615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch this space. To late

Reply #350792 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:19 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754