DJ
Years ago

NBL coverage bagged on Ch7's SportsFever

Surprised no one has mentioned this, although maybe no one watched SportsFever's debut on Monday night.

They had a humorous dig at the OneHD NBL coverage up against the Tennis - Men's Final.

Topic #27458 | Report this topic

Big Ads  
Years ago

I viewed the first 5 minutes of SportsFever before turning off. Found it too contrived and not particularly funny.

You have a higher tolerance level than I do DJ.

Having not witnessed the bagging would it be fair to say it was a case of "the pot calling the kettle black?"

Reply #349047 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I lasted about two minutes of forced jokes and even switched off as Vlade came on. Couldn't handle the inevitable crappy interview. Might be amusing if the NBL coverage outlasts their show.

Reply #349055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the NBL might start getting a bit of promotion on the new ABC News 24 sports show 'Grandstand' runs Mon-Thurs starting this Monday night.

Reply #349057 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

I just wish they'd get rid of Carfino - I ignore the whole thing until the game starts, and even then I often want to put it onto mute.
The only commentator who was worse was Brian Taylor, who only wanted to see some biffo.

Reply #349063 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah, I watch games with the sound down a lot of the time too, with just enough volume to pick up a little bit of atmosphere.

Reply #349071 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I hadn't heard of the show, just had a look on the 7 page. Wasn't impressed, won't be watching that again.

Reply #349086 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I agree about Carfino. It was a massive shame that literally the only outstanding play-by-play guy in the country died.

Reply #349130 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Vlade Divac was actually on the show, i did not even know the show was on and flicked through and saw him on it. Talked about NBA and the tennis match.

Reply #349133 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Vlade was pretty much the highlight of the show!

NBL dig was along the lines of

1 person watched the NBL vs millions watching the tennis at the same time - there were some other digs asking if anyone knew the score to ring it in etc.

Show has potential but cant see it lasting long enough to find its feet.

Reply #349150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you missed Santo, Sam and Ed's Sports Fever and want to know what all the fuss is about, it will be replayed tomorrow night on 7mate.

The sports results might feel a few days old but at least you’ll be in on the gags.

9:30pm Friday February 3rd 7mate.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/02/sports-fever-repeat.html

Reply #349200 | Report this post

Simon  
Years ago

And so it should be bagged!! It's live or forget it....................

Reply #349222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The AFL and NRL have pretty crap coverage then.

Reply #349231 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:35 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754