NBL MVP Prediction

My prediction for MVP would be Cedric Jackson.

Topic #27481 | Report this topic

Just joking  
Years ago

Lebrons James

Reply #349523 | Report this post

Just joking  
Years ago

Darren Ng

Reply #349524 | Report this post

Being serious  
Years ago

Jarai Grant

Reply #349525 | Report this post

Hopeless baller  
Years ago

Ryan Barker or Nic?

Reply #349526 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Top 3 -
Jamar Wilson
Kevin Lisch
Cedric Jackson

But I think if the Taipans make it, Wilson should get it. The Taipans would be nothing without him. You could make a case that Wildcats & Breakers would still be top 4 without Lisch or Jackson

Reply #349529 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

*Make it = top 4.

Reply #349530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is one year they shouldn't bother giving one out as no one has really stood out.

I'd be comfortable with either Jackson or Lisch but as they're on very good teams others on their respective teams will take votes away from them.

Last season Ervin & Khazzouh were the top two and were from non-playoff teams so I'd think Tragardh would go pretty close with Khazzouh & Jamar Wilson rounding out the top three.

Reply #349531 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Tragardh shouldn't get it. If you watch the tigers closely, he is an absolutely horrible defensive player and his man scores alot and grabs lots of offensive rebounds.

My pick would be Cedric Jackson

Reply #349535 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Tragardh shouldn't get it. If you watch the tigers closely, he is an absolutely horrible defensive player and his man scores alot and grabs lots of offensive rebounds.

My pick would be Cedric Jackson

Reply #349536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trahardh has been reasonably solid this year defensively, had very few big tallies run up on him.

Reply #349537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles you need to watch more games! This season anyway!

Reply #349540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Tragardh will win MVP but will be all star 5.

If he's a terrible defender then the ppl guarding him are DISGRACEFUL defenders lol

Reply #349541 | Report this post

Wilson has been very good through the whole season and Kazzouh has been amazing as well, Gill and DeLeon are awesome , but Jackson stands out for me.

Reply #349542 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I think Jackson is one of the most underrated players in the NBL. He rarely gets mentioned in player of the week or month awards yet is a stat sheet stuffer.

There is no clear stand outs this year. For a while there Deleon looked like he could be THE marquee player of the NBL but then once scouting reports were out omm him, his production dropped.

Going to be a tuff one.

Reply #349546 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Ben Allen, Darren Ng.....oh wait, you said MVP, not Bench warming MVP...lol

Reply #349551 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I didn't say he was a bad player, I just said he shouldn't win it over jackson, especially on a team which is under .500. His offense is very good and is probalby the best isolation player in the league if I needed a quick bucket, but his defense is very very average. And this is why I think Jackson should win it. Leading the league in assists and steals and one of the top rebounding guards on the best team in the league. MVP for me

Reply #349577 | Report this post

Tom Ryan  
Years ago

At the moment you'd have to give it to Jackson, but if we look into the future and see the road to the playoffs the Taipans have and if they were to make it, you'd have to assume it was on the back of Jamar.

Reply #349587 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Lisch, Jackson, Tragardh, Johnson, Simpson, Khazzouh, Gibson, Crawford, Abercrombie and Wilson would all have quite a few votes at this point. Had Mills stuck around he would have fit comfortably in that group too, and Wagstaff would have picked up a lot of votes just recently.

Jackson and Lisch are probably the only ones who have performed consistently - the others have all been up and down - but will have votes stolen from them given how many contributors their teams have had.

It has been a very even year and I think it will come right down to the final rounds with a few players a chance. Would be nice to actually have a vote count to see how it plays out.

Reply #349590 | Report this post

Hopeless baller  
Years ago

Adam Gibson or Lisch. Khazzouh has not had a great season so I deffinately don't think he will take out the MVP.

Reply #349594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wagstaff averages like 11 & 4 btw

Reply #349618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tragardh is a bad on ball defender but a big problem with him defensively is he has no concept of team defense. Often out of position and if he does help off split, then it's generally too late.

He has had a great season offensively and it hasn't been an easy year for the Tigers. But I agree with the majority in saying Lisch or Jackson.

Reply #349643 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Worthington's a sleeper, as he has consistently been posting solid performances and if the blaze continue winning he could get it as he wont be sharing votes with abercrombie wilkinson, or neville redhage martin etc as jackson and lish, although he does have gibson and deleon SOMETIMES turning up with good performances

Reply #349659 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Tragardh was playing unbelievable offense up to a few weeks ago, even with a hand right in his face he was hitting everything. Seems Seamus may have killed that. Khazzouh has also fallen away a bit since Golden State.
The most consistent for me has also been Lisch and Jackson, Wilkinson also wouldn't be that far off those two in terms of consistency but those two guards get it done every night.

Reply #349687 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lack of competition will be a factor and a reason that Khazzouh and Tragardh are two favourites (can't remember full odds). Most other teams have a spread of major contributors. Tragardh would've missed some games to Mills, but neither import has challenged him too much. In Sydney, Bruce and Grant might get some votes.

Reply #349698 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:09 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754