Hopeless baller
Years ago

SEABL 2012

What do you think, who will win the men's and the womens titles?
Who will be stand out players this year?
Will any of the players be put up into the NBL?

Topic #27485 | Report this topic

Nix 77  
Years ago

I think the Hobart Chargers will be good this year. Even know they are currently in a rebuilding phase I am sure that some of the younger talents on the team will get better as the season goes on. The hight of the team has been a problem over the last few years but not this year as they have signed 7"4 Sam Harris. Hopefully this turns out to be a good move and not a dud.

Also I think this is guard Tiri Musandas year to shine in the SEABL. Hopefully he has worked on his jump shot over the season break so he can do some scoring from other things than trying to drive through the trees even know he is only a 6 foot guard.

I also hope that the team doesn't get to a point where players such as Anthony Stewart, Cory Davie and Mark Nash feel they need to come out of retirement to help out as in most cases they just make the team worse. Although they do have experience it's time they moved on and let the younger players eg. Tiri Masunda and BJ Radcliffe take a leadership role in the team.

Reply #349598 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Nuna will be strong again although the new import they signed will be a role players only!

Except a strong showing from Geelong, Bendigo, Ballarat & Knox as well.

Big improvers this year i think will be Hobart, Albury & Mt Gambier

Reply #349625 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Frankston will be small.Happy with new import very athletic but will play without a 5. Big News is that Dave Hankin maybe returning to the fold. Has the best head fake in Australian basketball!!!!

Reply #349631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was training before christmas, looked good (except for that bald scone!).

Reply #349636 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Maybe he could get a Raccoon or a Skunk to cover up that bald head!!!Worked for Bert Newton :)

Reply #349639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be interesting to see how Geelong is after having to replace their 3 major contributors

Reply #349664 | Report this post

SixerFan  
Years ago

Agree, big challenge for Supercats, losing two very good imports and Herbert is huge. They lost three of starting five from 2010 prior to 2011 season, now they lose best 3 from 2011! Fair to say it's a whole new team from the 2010 championship lineup. They must be considered a huge chance to miss finals after a long time at the top.

Albury look to have put together a solid team and Mt Gambier have imporoved the list as well, both will be hard to beat at home.

Both Dandenong and Ballarat are ready to go a step further after re-building their teams from 2010.

Nunawading, Knox, Kilsyth, Bendigo are all loaded with talent, would be a lock for finals you would think.

Hobart, Brisbane, Sandringham, seem to have had mini makeovers and have more than enough talent, how quickly they settle will be key.

Canberra and NW Tasmania may find it tough again. Frankston may not be deep but their top 3 can mix it with the best.

The South looks tougher to make finals than East this year, their will be some good teams miss finals action. Looking like a really tight year!

My outrageous prediction...

East (96W/100L)
1. Bendigo (20-8)
2. Dandenong (17-11)
3. Sandringham (17-11)
4. Geelong (14-14)
5. Frankston (12-16)
6. Brisbane (10-18)
7. Canberra (6-22)

South (114W/110L)
1. Kilsyth (19-9)
2. Nunawading (17-11)
3. Knox (16-12)
4. Ballarat (16-12)
5. Hobart (16-12)
6. Mt Gambier (14-14)
7. Albury-Wodonga (9-19)
8. NW Tasmania (7-21)

Reply #349675 | Report this post

Wildcat  
Years ago

Richard Hill in as Mt Gambier coach

Reply #349740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #349946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #350762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballarat Men
Dandenong Women

Gerard Anderson will be a stud.

Shaun Bruce will be ready to move up to NBL after this season

Reply #350770 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:25 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754