David
Years ago

A name from the past: Butch Carter

Hey guys does anyone remember the name Butch Carter???

He was the guy that was head coach of Toronto Raptors and led them to the playoffs for the team's first time but was fired for off court controversy's which Included suing then current New York Knicks Marcus Camby for defamation.

Anyway Charles Oakley come out and praised Carter as one of the best coach's ever, said if he was coaching Miami Heat he would of led them to a title. Vince Carter and Tracy Mcgrady also talk highly of Butch.

What Butch Carter did in Toronto must of been really bad though in terms of burning bridges because he has virtually been blackballed from the NBA ever since. It has been over 10 years and he still has not ever found a job.

here is the article http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=379922

Topic #27496 | Report this topic

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

Cool story bro.

Reply #349771 | Report this post

tumble weed  
Years ago

...........cough..........

Reply #349807 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Thanks man I thought story was interesting because at the time that Butch Carter was coach Charles Oakly called for him to be fired which he was.

I think Butch Carter maybe the classic example of someone with talent but unfortunately his talent has been overshadow by being a bit of a doosch. I know when he was in Toronto he wanted GM duties as well as being a coach which caused his sacking.

If Vince Carter, Tracey Mcgrady could of stayed together how good could of that been. Actually I think Mcgrady could of really benefited from Butch Carters coaching. Mcgrady ended up having a bad work ethic because of his natural talent Butch Carter would not of let that happened if he stayed.

Reply #349845 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:17 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754