Isaac
Years ago

Kings look to re-sign Khazzouh, Grant, Bose

The Sydney Kings organisation announced today that it had commenced negotiations to re-sign three core players for the 2012-2013 season.

Current Captain, Julian Khazzouh, star import, Jerai Grant, and NBL rookie favorite Anatoly Bose, are all on the Sydney Kings' radar for next season.
(Bose has a player option.)
Luke Martin, Ben Madgen, and Graeme Dann, who are all on two-year contracts, will remain with the Kings for the 2012-2013 season.
Full article

Topic #27501 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great moves. Get them locked in. Grant will only get better and better. He's a monster.
Bose will become the elite outside scorer they need and as Martin is contracted I would release Cooper and bring in an excellent playmaking point guard.
Obviously an import. Gill, Jackson from New Zealand or Jamar Wilson are perfect examples.
Some depth up front would be handy whilst Magden, Dann, Martin fill good roles.
Maybe they could lure a Hinder, Vanderjagt, Garlepp or Trueman type for depth
I like they way they are headed and the crowds have stuck by them.
Up the Kings

Reply #349896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any real suprise?

Reply #349902 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Man I wish the Sixers had signed Bose. I think he'll be better than Weigh in a couple of years. Too late now though. Sydney gave him a shot and I'd say he'll be hard to pry away anytime in the next few years.

Reply #349913 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Beantown, not really that hard to be better than Weigh, very over rated player imo. Gets an incredible amount of court time!!! Bose has really impressed me this season, very solid and fearless type, good for NBL that Kings are decent, so cant argue too much with them trying to lock in a player of his calibre and potential.

Reply #349916 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

And if they get a decent coach they'll be scary next year.

Reply #349917 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kobe, how can Weigh be overrated when everyone has hated on him all year? I don't think he was highly rated at Perth either.

Weigh: 11.9 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 1.5 APG, 39% FG, 35% 3P, 76% FT. 32ish MPG.

Bose: 14.2 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 1.5 APG, 39% FG, 29% 3P, 67% FT. 28ish MPG.

Bose's percentages are a bit worse, but his stats are better especially when you consider time played and that it's his first year.

I heard that Bose was the second-highest player at the Kings though (or something like that) - they really had to fork out to get him which was probably a bit of a gamble given he is a rookie.

Reply #349921 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Bose is better than Weigh IMHO

Reply #349922 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Checkmate Isaac, checkmate haha Bose reminds me hype wise, of Goulding when he was still at Perth, the next big thing type thing. Hopefully he keeps getting better and better and not peak early like Goulding has.

Reply #349927 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Goulding hasnt peaked, he's in a trough!

Reply #349942 | Report this post

Rob  
Years ago

Goulding is very inconsistent and won't get any better. Bose is supposedly on $140k

Reply #349949 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Goulding is still a great player; probably another case of "How they play under certain coaches" scenario.

Reply #349951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bose tells people he is on a lot of money.
He isn't on that much.

Reply #349952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding isn't a great player by any definition of the word.

Reply #349962 | Report this post

dude  
Years ago

Gold Coast have started to play good when Goulding isnt there. No real surprise

Reply #349967 | Report this post

Rhea 12  
Years ago

Is Aaron Bruce still under contract next year???

Reply #350034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No.

Reply #350035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard similar reports that Bose is on around $150K & I hear Khazzouh is understandably chasing a big increase as well.

Interesting that Bruce never rated a mention.

Reply #350054 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Thought I heard Carfino say that Bruce was 14ppg ,4apg and the league's best freethrow shooter
and Heal sayen that he wouldn't mind an American PG and Bruce at 2 and a bitta 1.
Anyways , no one plays as many minutes as Weigh.

Reply #350060 | Report this post

MoosetheGoose  
Years ago

Re Bruce: word around the league is that he won't be asked back next season. Kings haven't been happy with him off the floor apparently. Would the Sixers pick him up again? he definitely can play, but the baggage he brings with him is a worry

Reply #350085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MOst hated award.

Reply #350106 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Could definitely see Bruce at the new Melbourne team.

Reply #350128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic.
But obviously you know nothing about the player.

Reply #350155 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754