Isaac
Years ago

Will the Cats keep Williamson, Trueman and Hire?

Luke Nevill has had an impact in his first season and appears likely to get a new deal. But the future is less certain for Williamson, Jeremiah Trueman and Greg Hire.

All three have played limited roles off the bench, with Trueman regularly left out when Nevill and Matt Knight have been fit.

The New Zealand international was squeezed out again for tonight's game away to play-off hopefuls Cairns.
Full story

Who should the Cats keep? Who will get a job elsewhere?

Topic #27520 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hire would be a good chane to be re-signed or picked up by another team.

Reply #350086 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Trueman will need to go to get more playing time like to a Cairns/Hawks i think. Williamson is gone for sure and replace him with Barlett. Hire should stay on, the fans love him.

Reply #350087 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

Agreed Williamson is done but Hire has been impressive in limited minutes and has shown that with extra court time he could be quite valuable on perhaps a 36ers or Hawks roster.

Reply #350091 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Adelaide has now become like a Hawks style team (Cheap n Nasty) so i guess we might pick them up so they can get exposure in the NBL then they move on to a better organisation or city!

(i hate saying that but its true!)

Reply #350099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who will make way for Ellis from collage cause he will be a cat next year

Reply #350114 | Report this post

dude  
Years ago

Id say they will keep Hire. A fan favorite and local player.

Reply #350116 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Hire will stay.

Williamson & Trueman will be out.

Reply #350120 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The Breakers will go after Trueman to replace BJ Anthony at the backup 4 spot.

Trueman wouldn't mind coming back to NZ, and NZ would be satisfied knowing they will get a hard-working guy with a head on his shoulders.

Reply #350127 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Warning : Perth fan below

I actually quite like Truemans game, but when he gets on the lack of on court experience really shows. Hopefully he gets picked up by someone, likely NZ, next season and can make a better contribution to a team than he is able to with Knight and Nevill in the way.

Hire is a fan favourite due to his local history and also the energy he brings to the team. Next time the wildcats are in your town, if you are close enough to the court listen and watch Hire during warm ups.. He would also benefit from more minutes, Wildcats will want to keep him but he might be offered something better elsewhere. Check out his SBL 2011 Grand Final stats.. 31 points, 28(!!!) rebounds.

Williamson.... he can shoot. can he shoot in a game? stats would say otherwise.. the last few weeks he has been venturing into other areas, getting a few rebounds and assists here and there expanding his game from just a 3 point shooter. I think he might miss out and this position to be filled with some young talent next year though. Again, if another team could offer him more minutes he would probably step up.

Reply #350131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depends on if the cats manage to lure DJ home doesnt it?

Reply #350132 | Report this post

Wolf  
Years ago

After the NBL season you can follow Greg Hire in the SBL with the Wanneroo Wolves http://www.facebook.com/OfficialWolfpackBasketball
The team is also on twitter @WolfpackSBL

Reply #350352 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Even with another team in the comp I think Williamson will struggle for a job. Hire and Trueman definitely have something to offer - Hire at Perth and Trueman somewhere else given they Cats have the 4 and 5 spots well and truly covered.

Reply #350366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A big man showing his worth in a basketball team, who'da thunk it.

Reply #350381 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:56 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754