Just trade them both, theyre not needed on NYK

Topic #27526 | Report this topic

jase  
Years ago

x2

Reply #350185 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Trade Carmelo to the Nets for Deron (who I don't think will stay if they don't get Dwight ASAP)

Reply #350186 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Melo for Dwight.

Reply #350187 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Did anyone watch New York vs Lakers??? Lin smashed it...bet Kobe's wishing he could have Lin on his team and ditch some of the other Lakers! Wonder how much it will affect the Knicks when Carmello and Stoudemire return...

Reply #350188 | Report this post

Shaqfu  
Years ago

Chandler and Lin are a great pick n roll combo. I can see Stoudemire fitting in well, it'll be like him and Nash in Phoenix. Carmelo though, he's an ISO player not a spot up player.

It's Linsanity at the moment

Reply #350190 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

I love my Lakers but WOW what a game from Lin. What a story didn't get fazed that the Lakers were in town, hit clutch shots when LA were coming. Give him 35 minutes Amare will be licking his chops. Don't need Melo trade him asap

Reply #350194 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Lin is cool....but....show me a point guard who hasn't FLOURISHED epic under coach D.

His entire offence is structured around pick n role and point guard play.

Lets not forget Lin had 6 turnovers to go with 7 assists today...

D-Will would be amazing in the big apple.

Reply #350195 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

More Lin awesomeness today but let's not get carried away. NY's offence is mostly horrible.
Carmelo returning might disturb the chemistry, but the sooner the better with Amare.

Reply #350200 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

4 wins in a row, with an average of 28.5ppg, Lin is getting it done. All you have to do is beat the 13 below you and snare a couple of wins from teams above, and New York make the playoffs. They've beaten 13th placed NJ, 9th placed Utah, 14th placed Washington and 6th placed Lakers. They've beaten the teams below them and snared one above.

Without Anthony and Stoudamire, you'd expect them to skid, regardless of who they face, and instead they're on track. Their next 4 games are:

v 11th placed Minnesota, v 11th placed Toronto, v 14th placed Sacramento and v 15th placed New Orleans.

They could well go 8 wins in a row, even if they went 3/4, i think New York would be VERY happy.

But this out of no-where brilliance is a major confidence booster for New York, one that was needed. We might just see NYK climbing that ladder back up to 4th/5th.

Reply #350220 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Yeah... Trade melo for deron... Idiots

Melo needs to go for role players and picks...

Reply #350245 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

The TO's for LIn wont matter too much if they keep winning. If it takes making TO's whilst trying to be aggressive then live with that. Id like to see the Knicks work it out so they start utilising all their stars. Melo is a unique offensive force, who can do things that simply cant be taught. Amare will be worth every cent they have paid him, with Lin to distribute. Knicks simply need to find a way to balance iso plays for Melo, and pick n rolls for Amare, and let chandler rebound to his hearts content. With Lin around, id say, that kills any chance Nash had of wanting to play for the Knicks, but it is the NBA so who knows!

Reply #350247 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

I would love to see Melo playing less with the starters and more with the bench. Leave Lin to run pick and roll sets with Tyson & Amare. Landry and Shumpert in the line up for defence.

Then have Melo running iso plays with the bench which is full of shooters. Novak, Harrellson, Walker lining up on the 3 point line is going to give Melo more room in the lane because you have to respect their three ball. Will Melo kick the ball out when the help comes though?

Reply #350300 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

We are 5 games into one of the best hot streaks ever - let's not get carried away and say trade Melo. Melo is still one of the best scorers in the NBA ... Lin's game stinks of flash in the pan. Will those calling for a trade now stand by those words in 12 months when Lin is just a role player again.

Reply #350307 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

He just had 20/6/8... I can't think of any flash in the pan that's lasted this long and continued to play team basketball. If he becomes a role player, he is still much more needed than melo and his inability to pass

Reply #350309 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Knicks should bring in an Evan Turner type....

Reply #350328 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Jeremy Lin is getting more attention than if he was white.

Reply #350331 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Love his energy and love the results. I'd happily trade Melo at this point. I'm not convinced we should keep Amare - we need another tough big defender, which Amare isn't.

Reply #350395 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754