celtic green
Years ago

When Kobe scored 81

Jalen Rose on his podcast (on the Grantland network) says that Sam Mitchell let Kobe score 81 points.
He says that Sam Mitchell would not let the team double team; to the point that Jalen did it anyway (after being told not to) that Mitchell subbed him out so that he could not do it.
Even after all these years he is still dirty on Mitchell. Quite interesting to listen to.

Topic #27556 | Report this topic

celtic green  
Years ago

Sorry it was the podcast released on the 31/1/12

Reply #350789 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

what episode number cg? Looking but cannot see a Jalen Rose one for 31/1

Reply #350817 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Not sure. It says Jalen Rose 1/30 (I assume that is the episode number?) and the release date says 31/1/2012. If it helps the description is 'Jalen Rose takes a break from the Super Bowl hype to talk about the NBA and the time he lost his jewellery in Milwakee. Plus he makes his picks for Grantland's "Souper Bowl"'
Sorry I can't help more hopefully that is enough?

Reply #350822 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cheers, just downloaded it, will have a listen this arvo.

Reply #350823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jalen Rose is VERY good at his podcasting! Great to listen to some 'inside info'...

Reply #350829 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

GOT TO GIVE THE PEOPLE, GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WAAANT!!!

Reply #350972 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Yeah I was surprised how good Jalen was at it as well; he gives you the inside scoop on the way players view points and why they are that way and he is a much clearer speaker than a lot of other former players (looking at Shaq and Barkley in particular, half the time I can't understand what they are saying)

Reply #350976 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:41 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754