SVD
Years ago

David W in Simmons Linsanity Mailbag

Simmons did a Lin Mailbag today - there was this questions.

Q: Like everyone, I've been watching the Lin circus for the past 6 games. I hate to be a downer, but if we go on those games alone (the others he barely played in and don't count) he'd be leading the league in turnovers. Why hasn't anyone brought this up? I love a Cinderella story as much as the next guy, but cmon dude, take care of the ball!!!
— David W., Adelaide, South Australia
SG: All fair points, just remember that (a) he's basically a rookie, (b) he went from not getting any real run for nearly 21 months to playing 38 minutes a game, (c) the Knicks were playing without their best two offensive weapons, which meant Lin had to be their sole creator, and (d) starting with the Lakers game, every opponent approached the Knicks by saying, "We need to stop Jeremy Lin to stop the Knicks." Once Carmelo comes back and Lin gets more comfortable, the turnovers will come down. By the way, e-mails from South Australia and Vietnam?!?!?!? How could you doubt the wisdom of a Linsanity mailbag???

Is David W anyone on here? Does anyone know him?

Topic #27567 | Report this topic

tickle  
Years ago

Yeah and why is he such a negative nancy? If you lead the league in turnovers but win every game you start, does it matter?

Reply #351058 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

His turnovers are not even noticed as much as others either because he gets back on defense and makes stops!

Reply #351096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sat on the bench for norwood...

Reply #351105 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754