Anon
Years ago

Ron Dorsey's season

Can someone please explain to me how Ron dorseys minutes are justified!? I would rather see the tigers play a kid than him!!

Topic #27578 | Report this topic

dude  
Years ago

Been saying the same thing for a while now. It should have been him the Tigers sacked, not Ubaka. Gleeson making a run for worst coach of the year with some of his decisions - poor team selection, playing duds big minutes, not writing up more plays for Tragardh etc.

Reply #351173 | Report this post

dude  
Years ago

Been saying the same thing for a while now. It should have been him the Tigers sacked, not Ubaka. Gleeson making a run for worst coach of the year with some of his decisions - poor team selection, playing duds big minutes, not writing up more plays for Tragardh etc.

Reply #351174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't be drawing up more plays for Tragardh when he can't even pull down a single rebound for the whole game.

Surely the Tigers will have to eat Dorsey's contract next season. No way they can bring him back so cheap teams like the Hawks or 36ers might be able to get him on the cheap ala the Hawks with Ubaka/36ers with Helliwell.

Reply #351177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha I'm pretty sure some people on here last season where saying he's close to making the NBA because Kirk Penney only scored like 14 points on him in one of the finals games hahahaha

Reply #351183 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Bad move jumping ship by Dorsey. He's worth 0 next year now!!

Wonder if they grovelling back to Beecroft & Fearne?

Reply #351184 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

doresy needs a really good p/g to make him an impact player.he can't create off the dribble, so he just starts taking bad threes.he will only get worse this season.
body language from coach and players was not good on the tigers bench last night,most of their players looked tentative and unorganised.
not sure how much say gleeson had in the recruitment of the team(other then the taipans 3)but no doubt the mills and ubaka saga's have taken a huge toll on them now not having a true 1 or 5.

Reply #351185 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It's not just Dorsey, it's the whole team. Why isn't Trigger getting 15 - 20 shots a game? Why isn't Rush getting more plays? Lewis, why aren't they trying to develop him more? Dillon, where's his game gone recently?

Reply #351190 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

Body language was not good at all from the Tigers. In particular i couldn't help but notice how frustrated Myrin Allen was getting. On several plays he seemed to have some heated words with team mates and didn't seem too interested on the defensive end which allowed Jamar Wilson to have a field day.

Not happy times at the Tigers

Reply #351191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Allen is skilled but just average as a point guard at NBL level, cant make teammates better and doesnt know how to run an offence. Defensively he got murdered last night.

Reply #351204 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Allen is probably frustrated cos his team can't making a f*cking shot! I'd be frustrated too if I were him.

where's Dillon gone? the more I think about it the more I'm convinced Aaron Fearne's ability as a capable coach and Gleeson's shortcoming.

Reply #351207 | Report this post

Titan 64  
Years ago

All the Tigers do with Dorsey is have him stand in the corner. Should be running him off curls etc.
They have to many small forwards and roster is poorly balanced.
This shows why u should hardly ever sign imports to multi-year deals!!!
Aaron Fearne Coach Of The Year???

Reply #351214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

COTY? They have to make the playoffs first!

Reply #351216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dorsey is poorly used and the Tigers dont have alot of talent. Should have kept Corletto.

Reply #351217 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

in all fairness to coaching staff,if you had mills ,ubaka and dillon you could be forgiven for letting corletto go(emotion aside)
the role players need to step up now,or consider getting a real job !!

Reply #351226 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Bet that morale is so low that they can't wait for the end of the season.

I reckon Dorsey can't wait to get traded, and then we'll see him flourish again. We know he's got the skills - it's the mental side of him that's gone.

Prefer to see Gleeson get the push rather than Dorsey.

Reply #351241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they should have let Dorsey go when they signed Mills and kept Corletto. Odds are he wouldnt have found another job by the time Mills left anyway, and even if he had you can always find another import.

Reply #351262 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Hindsights a funny thing anon. At the start there is no way u keep Corletto over Dorsey! It all backfired on the Tigers similar to Brissy recruiting Fevola. Gleeson has 2 more years & a lot of work 2 do. He needs to assemble a more well balanced side & clean out the crap! If he can't next season his job is gone. I dont like Allens body language - he's a finger pointer & certainly not the answer!

Reply #351275 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gleeson comments on Dorsey and then Tragardh...

"Yeah, we haven't got the depth to carry import players; (he was) very disappointing," he said. "He has to do a better job than that."

And he went one step further.

The coach claimed his side had played selfishly on Saturday night.

"I’m probably most disapppointed that a few guys were trying to look after themselves, not play team basketball," he seethed.

"The guys just aren’t doing the work.

"I mean, to play 20 minutes without a rebound, that’s just ridiculous."

Reply #351276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You definitely keep Corletto over Dorsey because he is an Aussie who cant be replaced like an import can, and he was a guard, which the Tigers had precious little of.

Reply #351279 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Tigers have the tools to be a good team, as we seen at the start of the season. They seem to be very lost and not sure how to make the most of what they have got.. which is weird with Gleeson as coach. Sure alot of drama has happened but a great team wouldnt let it faze them.

Not sure what the contract lengths are like but keeping half the team and filling out the rest with a proven pass first guard and some good depth on the bench they should be back in the hunt next season.

Reply #351282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah, they dont have the tools. At the start of the year they had Mills and then lost him and didnt bring anyone else in? What were they thinking? So much for we are going to ring everyone in Europe and see if theyre happy. David Barlow didnt even get a call.

Everard Bartlett didnt even get a call for that matter. You cant lose someone as good as Mills and not replace him. Imagine if Cairns lost Wilson and didnt replace him, or New Zealand with Jackson?

Stupid!

Reply #351284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dorsey is terrible. He by far has the worst shot selection in the entire league. Step back 3's just arent getting it done.

Reply #351347 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754