Isaac
Years ago

Could Jamar Wilson be MVP?

Hadn't noticed him too prominently in the MVP betting until now, but he's currently equal favourite with Khazzouh and Tragardh at $3.50. Jackson and Lisch are a touch further out at $5.

Cairns are doing pretty well considering expectations. Centrebet have them behind NZ, Perth, Townsville and Gold Coast at $15, but they are unpredictable enough to upset anyone on their night.

When I look at the roster, I see a fairly steady Crosswhite, streaky Warren and Loughton and no other clear standouts besides Wilson. Could he be the Gary Ervin of 2011/12?

Second in the league in scoring with 16.8 PPG. Top five FT shooter. 5 RPG which is decent for a guard. Assists aren't brilliant at 2.8 APG.

Could the lack of consistent competition get him over the line?

Topic #27598 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I said all along that if Cairns made the top 4 he should get MVP. That team reminds me so much of Wollongong 2010/11. Take away their star PG & the team drops down too bottom two spot.

MVP should not go to anyone outside the top 4. Unless it's something like Wollongong last year where they lead half the year until a losing streak that saw them just miss out on the top 4. That being said, Cairns aren't like that this year.

Really, there's no stand out MVPs this year.

Reply #351417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im pisses me off everyone keeps putting khazzouh in the MVP conversation!! His team is horrible (for the second year in a row) and quite frankly he has not been as good as last year, 45% from the field is very poor for a 'dominant' player. johnson at adelaide puts up similar numbers on a team equally as bad but no one mentions him as an MVP

Reply #351422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MVP is decided by votes from each game, it has nothing to do with where the players team is on the ladder. Wilson would have to be a chance in a very even race.

Reply #351423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hate it how a player on the worse team in the league can win it. NBL should change that.

Reply #351424 | Report this post

alolymous  
Years ago

Think jamar has been just a little too inconsistant.

Its funny, you get people like trigger, grant who have had a great start to the season and died down a bit lately.

Reply #351426 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

"its funny,you get people like trigger"

you are right,that is funny !!

Reply #351432 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Johnson is top ten with bookies.

Reply #351436 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Jackson seems to get a double double every game and is the reason the Breakers are sitting where they are on the table. In saying that he will not get MVP.
I won't be surprised if Tragardh wins it

Reply #351440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jackson has had 5 five double doubles in 22 games but I get what youre trying to say Mystro! Too many good players on his team perhaps stealing votes for him to win.

Reply #351445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should be 6 in 22

Reply #351446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still 2 rounds to go although I have Wilson winning right now. He did miss a game although it is very hard not to give him votes most games. Kazz a close second, Jackson and Trig after that with Lisch, Wortho, etc in the next group.

Reply #354226 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Just for Jamar Wilson fans, last round he had 41p on 14/25 shooting along with 7r, 6a and 12 fouls drawn playing for Serbian power Partizan in the Adriatic League.

Partizan hit troubles last season and had a shocking start to this season, but Wilson came in a month or so in and they are back close to .500.

Jamar is their second leading scorer and leader in assists, averaging 14p (49% 2p, 44% 3p), 3a and 2r in 25mpg.

Reply #582625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing numbers!

On a related note, how do we view old topics like this one? I can only seem to see the first page of threads?

Reply #582692 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:38 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754