skull
Years ago

Cairns v Perth

Well,i'm impressed....even i didnt predict that !!

Cairns just sealed out a gutsy 5 point win in Perth.

when cairns has the 1,2,3 punch going... look out...wilson to warren to loughton.

Topic #27627 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

Wildcats second half brain freeze is what won Cairns this game, not a 1, 2, or 3 punch.

It is seriously worrying how every 3rd quarter the Wildcats can not buy a bucket and it looks like everyone loses confidence to get them to start dropping again.

Beveridge should get them to come out after the half and play like they are down by 4 with a minute to go, no matter what the score actually is, just to set the tone for the rest of the half.

We now need the win next week against NZ and for someone to upset them before the end of the season.

Reply #351910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth pussy cats!!!!! I love the cats!! But the 3rd qtr??? There gone 4 this yr, blaze v breakers gf!!!!
Got no hunger!!! That would not have happened in the era of grace fisher vlhov n crawford!! going back a while, its changed heaps but u get paid to have some nuts!!! Cats are a good team but not good enuff this year!!! Need 2 imports in these dayz!!! Bevo needs new ideas!!!

Reply #351911 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Someone had $5k on Cairns paying $4.50 or so.

Reply #351913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea the refs won big i heard!!!! They are a disgrace!!! Imbarresment!! Bet they hang to ref in perth n 2 piss the crowd off!!! We get hacked from other clubs, ceo, players n fans have a cry!! Saying we play 2 hard n not by the book bla bla bla!! Guess its worked because we cant buy a foul ay home!!! What was the foul count 2nyt??? Honest it feels there is no point cheering any more because its the refs that decide the games for the cats!!! We just cheer for nuthing!!!

Reply #351924 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Actually the foul count was close, 21 on Perth 18 on Cairns. Wildcats shot 23 free throws and the Taipans shot 18... So saying fouls were a factor is rubbish.

The Taipans just shot at a better clip.
Taipans stats:
FG% 49%
3P% 37%
FT5 89%

Wildcats stats:
FG% 40%
3P% 29%
FT% 74%

Reply #351925 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Ignore the anonymous sooks. The game was pretty well reffed I thought, and certainly not lopsided.
Cats beaten fair & square by the better team. Well played, Taipans. Their offence was better drilled than ours so that when things got tough they still found ways to score, whereas we lost composure and threw up too much garbage.
The team have really psyched themselves out about these 3rd quarters. It's rather bizarre to see a professional and high quality team struggle with the same thing so frequently.

Reply #351926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They even it up when the games over buddy!!!!

Reply #351927 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Every team has had to deal with poor calls at one point or another in the season.

Reply #351932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Considering the last 5 fouls of the game were called on the Wildcats your theory of evening the game up once it's over looks pretty stupid!

Reply #351939 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

of course the last 5 fouls were on the trailing team Anon lol

Reply #351943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The point was prior to Perth fouling late Mystro the foul count was Cairns 18 to Perth 16! Therefore how did the Refs even it up after the game was over??? Anon was trying to say the foul count was lopsided against the Wildcats which it clearly wasnt.

Reply #351947 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Huge win by Cairns!! Crocs dropped one to Kings so that is the win of the season. Well done Fearney!!!

Reply #351953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lopsided foul count? Be serious.
Cairns have had some shocker results of late but have shown they can beat anyone when in full song.
Any suggestion that refs calls ruined their night is just "saucer of milk" stuff.

Reply #351972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't matter much. Cats have next 3 home games followed by Tigers away. NZ have a bad draw 2 at home and four away including GC
And Townsville in the last week. If cats beat NZ on Sunday I would still think they would get
Top spot.

Reply #351998 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, who placed a $5K bet on Cairns to win? Not one of the refs I hope, haha.

Reply #352087 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:19 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754