CreativeDirector
Years ago

Basketball future

I think its good to have a little bit of a positive story here.

District clubs working WITH schools and sport and recreations facilities to provide elite pathways for those in the community.

Topic #27641 | Report this topic

ringlord  
Years ago

Great presentation,truly the way to go in the future.A real pity clubs like Western/ West,Woodville didn't get anything out of the stimulus package a few years back,how Woodville high never ended up with a new gym is beyond me! Le Fever high should have had on more court & the bear-cats could have had a new place to call home. Emanuel college would have a great tenant in South,maybe there is still a chance for some kind of agreement?

Reply #352264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Roma Mitchell secondary college with an extra court or two could have been the future for the North Adelaide Rockets-I still think there can be negotiation held with the education department,council on this topic.Imagine a the size of the recruiting pool from the school alone.

Reply #352269 | Report this post

CreativeDirector  
Years ago

I agree with the above. The thing is community based district clubs lead to excellent outcomes for the school. Attract boarders, get kids from other school using the facilities etc. etc. Schools should be competing to get district clubs based at their venues because it grows their student base and leads to more successful basketball programs.

Reply #352332 | Report this post

CreativeDirector  
Years ago

Oh not to mention the $$ and sense of mid week trainings, Sunday trainings and Friday/Saturday games.

Reply #352333 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754