J Smith
Years ago

2012 ABL D League Fixture

To my Vic friends...just found D league fixtures for 2012.Cant understand why they are not on Basketball Victoria or SEABL website
http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?a=ROUND&round=1&client=1-8876-0-204985-0&pool=-1

Topic #27658 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

What's the official title/term for this league? Is it SEABL, Big V or what? I just want to frame the topic title properly.

D-League will get it confused with the NBA D-League and "ABL D League" may get people in SA thinking "WE HAVE A D-LEAGUE?!!?"

Reply #352237 | Report this post

CJ  
Years ago

Is that the U23 comptition?

Reply #352241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isnt ABL D League the winter season???

Reply #352244 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Ok I am with Isaac. Confusing.

So this is the "Basketball Victoria D League", as opposed to the "BigV State Youth Championship". I thought it was the SEABL D-League.

Reply #352306 | Report this post

J Smith  
Years ago

Basketball Victoria took over the running of D league seabl this year

Reply #352307 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

J, what should we call it? BV D League? SEABL D League?

Reply #352309 | Report this post

J Smith  
Years ago

Good Question...LOL..... NOT BIG V....SEABL competition still...in time (2 years I think)...all under BA guise

Reply #352310 | Report this post

Basketball Victoria D League

Reply #352349 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

In effect Basketball Victoria now has two Youth leagues running side by side (not sure whether to put an exclamation mark or a question mark after that).

Reply #352354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's the Basketball Victoria D League or BVDL. Basketball Victoria incorporated the D League under their banner in the offseason as part of SEABL's transition into Basketball Australia.

Explanation here;
http://www.basketballvictoria.com.au/index.php?id=102&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=603&tx_ttnews[backPid]=101&cHash=a5acfd3460

Big V and Basketball Victoria are separate entities, so both U23 leagues aren't really under the same banner.

My understanding is that it was put to Big V Youth League programs to merge with D League, however only 1 or 2 teams from Big V were keen to do so.

Reply #352366 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Anon, BigV is Victoria's competition. Might be a separately run organisation, but BV is still its governing body, same as for VJBL.

Reply #352407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:07 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754