Years ago

Lightning vs Rangers

(

up by 11 and tegan cunnigham plays sensationally and wins the game for dandy by around 15 points.

tegan turned the game around for dandy with a couple of good boards and smooth shooting - was unstoppable.

then o'hea stepped up and iced the cake.

got to wonder if hill's injury messed our rotation up and her defensive presence was missed.

suzy B - league mvp with another great game.

buckle - coach of year.

cant help but feel the rangers stole our grand final berth.

(((((((((((((((((((((

minor premiers is a good effort !

feel we need a scoring 3-4 position player next season if we are lucky enough to keep abby and suzy

Topic #27698 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought SUzy had resigned?

Reply #352758 | Report this post

Years ago

she has - referring to both abby and suzy - they have mastered working the paint this year.

Reply #352761 | Report this post

TMK  
Years ago

Dandenong - too diverse. I mentioned last week their bench was full of unsung heros and Cunningham was today's star.

Adelaide supports should be disappointed. Forget Hil's injury - it had little to do with the outcome. Why Buckle persists in having 99% of plays end up in Batkovic and Bishop's hands is baffling. It cost Adelaidee last week and it cost them again it's week.

Screen, Marino, Lewis, Edmonson, and Hill were relegated to bit players the entire game only required to shoot the ball when the shot clock was winding down. All of them are quality players and are capable of turning games around but none of them got a chance.

Jenna O'hea is looking in career best form - should be a great final next week.

Go Boomers.

Reply #352762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard to say that the team's GF spot was taken away from them , when they lost both games that would have put them in over the top. That said - great effort girls, I

That said , I think the coach may need to re-group his strategies just a tad for next season.

Reply #352765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watched the last 3 games and would suggest it is about time Hill retired.
Need to get some speed up the floor, maybe get Madgen and another PG with Marino as the SG

Reply #352822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spunky Angie wasn't given enough playing time,i guess 4 threes in a row doesn't count for much these days.

Reply #352829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angela is terrible... the sooner people realise this the better... Can not run a team and is out of shape!

Reply #352834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach of the year goes to winners surely? Adelaide no bench and no faith in anyone but the fading stars. Bat a champ, Lewis was great but scrap the rest as they give you nothing but false hope. Minear needs to move to get better chances. Better assistant coaches needed as well, preferably from interstate to get fresh unbiased eyes in.

Reply #352840 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Pretty much the season fell into a hole when Batkovic hurt her back and missed those games. To the credit of the team, they did well without her, and it should have meant an even better team when finals came. However, a very tentative game by Batkovic last week, couple with poor foul shooting, resulted in the S/F loss. I said to "her indoors" straight after the game that Lightning would struggle against Dandenong this week and it wouldnt surprise me if they lost. This week Batkovic shot reasonably well but too many turnovers resulted in easy Dandenong baskets.

The game was pretty even until the last quarter. However, when a team shoots at 70.6%, it is pretty hard to beat. Add 9/10 free throws to nil awarded, it makes it pretty tuff. Lightning shot at a quite reasonable 44.4%.

Too many Veterans or not, it pretty hard to beat a team when they are not missing many.

Reply #352869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is SG a Sitting Guard ?

Reply #352898 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:35 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754