Ashman
Years ago

Brett Maher 110%

Did anyone else see Brett Maher on 110% last night. Good to actually see basketball on TV for a change.

For those that didnt see it, Brett had to shoot 3 pointers with 3 chickens, 3 lettuce and 3 fruit cakes, and they had to guess which one he was best at shooting. It turned out to be the fruit cake.

It would be good to see more basketballers involved in these variety/comedy shows like; Rove, the Panel, and 110%. Any publicity gotta be good.

Topic #277 | Report this topic

C  
Years ago

Yes i saw it. I would have lost a bet though coz my money was on the lettuce.

Reply #2115 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brett was also interviewed on KG and Cornesy yesterday afternoon. Talked about getting along with Goorjian, hopes for the Olympics, etc. He is heading off to Yugoslavia with the team. Let's hope he gets the minutes to show his stuff!

Reply #2116 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

What did he say about B.G? Is he getting along alright?

Reply #2134 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Interview summary:

---
Captain of the Adelaide 36ers, Brett Maher, will be going to his third Olympic Games in Athens. They leave Thursday to go to a tournament in Yugoslavia, then go to Italy, and will then arrive in the Olympic Village in Athens.

Maher talked about his injuries this year and explains how he was lucky that his recovery from surgery went well. Maher said that he has been getting along reasonably well with Brian Goorjian, Australian men's basketball team coach, and he should get a reasonable run on court. He said it would be good if Australia could reach the top four in the Olympic Games, so they have a chance for a medal. He said that the top ten teams are very competitive, but the US is the team to beat. He said sides like Yugoslavia were nearly all NBA players as well, so they may have a chance to beat the US team.

Maher talked about the Hudson Maher Foundation event that was held the other week. He said tennis player Lleyton Hewitt, Adelaide Crows footballer Andrew McLeod and other basketballers came along and it was great to receive their support. Maher is now in Sydney and most of the rest of the team is there with him, and they will all fly over to Yugoslavia together. KG said that hoped Brett would get more court time than last Olympics. Cornes said that it was likely with a different coach.
---

Reply #2137 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

My impression from previous media reports is BG has plenty of time and respect for Maher (after all BG bent over backwards to get Maher onto the team). Also add in when BG offered to help Maher train when he was in Sydney when Hudson was receiving treatment, it adds up to a good relationship.

I would assume that the respect would be a 2 way street.

Reply #2145 | Report this post

Horatio  
Years ago

When he was living in Sydney during the time Hudson was being treated here he was working out with Heal (pre Spurs) daily and Goorjian said if he wanted, he could join in on full Kings training sessions (which he declined). He has also spent a lot of this recovery/Boomers preparation working with the Kings strength and conditioning crew. I can't see any reason why there would be anything but a good relationship there?

Reply #2154 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

It could not be worse than itwas with Barry Barnes...

Reply #2159 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, you're right. That was painful and insulting to watch. Maher had averaged 20 PPG in the two seasons over 1999 and 2000; in 1999 it was ahead of Cattalini, Brooks, and Mee. He deserved more of a run.

Reply #2165 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Does anyone know what Barnes' problem with Maher was???

Reply #2167 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Just on a side note 110% has been axed, it will be screening next week 2 episodes, including a 90 minute final.

Cheers, DJ

Reply #2207 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Rove did have David Andersen in a couple of weeks ago as one of thw Olympic team, even though the Olympic team announcement had been delayed.

Reply #2213 | Report this post

joshua  
Years ago

hi brett my name is joshua i am a big fan of yours i hope you have a great and i hope the 36ers win the final

Reply #51897 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:07 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754