aussie
Years ago

Andrew Bogut will he be traded?

There have been a few rumours floating about the possibility of Bogut getting traded before the deadline. I feel a trade would be great for himself and allow the bucks to rebuild. How does everyone else feel and where is he likely to end up?

Topic #27739 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Word is Bucks will only ship him to a team that is willing to take on Stephen Jackson's contract (around $10m), who has fallen out with Scott Skiles.

Washington are interested. Would love to see Bogut teamed with a pass-first PG for once, although the thought of Bogut wasting his prime in Washington is kinda annoying.

Minnesota would be a good fit.

Reply #353518 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/wizards-willing-to-trade-javale-mcgee/2012/03/09/gIQAHmoZ1R_blog.html

Sources say Bogut has requested a trade, but Wizards dont have the assets to make it happen.

Reply #353559 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Washington is a bad team going no-where.

I'd love to see Andrews talents get recognised on a play-off perenial.

Maybe he goes to the hawks for smith?

Hawks could look at Bogut/Horford/Jax/Joe/Teague?

Reply #353608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks are also going nowhere. Would rather see him on a team with young, useful pieces and good management, like the Pacers (who are rumoured to be after Kaman).

Reply #353612 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

He will definitely go to a team that loves white players, ie Indiana, Utah, Minnesota or any of the other 27 teams.

Reply #353621 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

NBA Trade Deadline: Andrew Bogut on the block?

I read this as Bogut wants out, and the Bucks want him out...

Jackson as part of any deal may prove the only obstacle...

Reply #353676 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

It might be best for both parties at this point. Bogut has had horrible luck over the past two seasons in Milwaukee. If he does move, I hope it is to a good team though. Although John Wall is starting to look very good in Washington, I wouldn't want to see Bogut go to another perennial loser.

Atlanta would be interesting, but ideally they'd need to give up Horford and convince Josh Smith to stay. They'd still need better outside shooting and Teague isn't really a pass first PG.

If the Nets fear they can't land Howard, maybe they could make a play for Bogut (and Jax) instead by offering Lopez (along with Okur and Humprhries) to make the salaries work?

How about Golden State for Ellis and Biedrins? Problem being that Biedrins has a player option that could make his contract run one more season than Jacksons!

Portland for Wallace and Camby?

Now if I really want to start on the Kool Aid, my all time favourite place for him to go if healthy would be the Celtics! Problem is, would Ainge blow it up this year by trading one of the big three (would probably have to be KG)? The only way this would happen is if KG could be certain of returning to the Celtics next season for one last run and then what are the Bucks left with? Cap room? Meh, sadly the Bucks fans would mutiny.

Reply #353742 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/142322245.html

GS Warriors apparently interested

Reply #354020 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754