Anonymous
Years ago

Norwood Girls Program Appointment

If rumor is correct ? A great appointment by Norwood on the girls side of the program. Another person assisting Rojo in bringing the skills and development back into our proud club. Well done Norwood and welcome Brendon !

Topic #27742 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brendan who?

Reply #353552 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Does "development" mean developing the kids already at the club, attracting kids that live around the area playing basketball into district, and attracting kids through social pathways? Or, does "development" mean other things?

Reply #353571 | Report this post

bluedevil  
Years ago

Who is this Brendan person? And what is the appointment?

Reply #353574 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Is it a Norwood appointment, or like their last "development" position which was a 40K freebie from BSA?

Reply #353576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fill symthe the last appointment is not funded by BSA , as this one is not. Both positions are funded within.

Reply #353578 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

I believe it's actually Brenton Johnston.

Reply #353579 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Was this position advertised to general public or to members of Norwood club.
I am trying to understand why Norwood's junior girls most successful coach at both club and state level, Troy Schroeder, was not head hunted for this position. Troy's meticulous approach to skill development and understanding of the game is very good indeed and he would have been a perfect fit for this position.

Reply #353583 | Report this post

bluedevil  
Years ago

Brenton Johnston? Seriously? What exactly will the role be? And what can Brenton do to help? Like #583, I'd like to know where it was advertised, if at all. If he was headhunted for the job, did they ask anyone else at the club? I can think of more suitable people for a role like that.

Is this really a paid position?

Reply #353589 | Report this post

jun59  
Years ago

Fill, I don't know where you get your info from, but you are wrong. The CD role is not funded by BSA...that is a myth that was started here on Hoops. It is funded by the club, and a large chunk of that comes from the Easter Classic.

Reply #353590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bluedevil you are obviously a coach at Norwood. How about you ring Norwood and ask them yourself if you are that concerned? You are only going to get innuendo answers on hoops.

Reply #353592 | Report this post

bluedevil  
Years ago

#592, no I'm not, and not sure where you'd get that idea from anything I've posted. What a strange response. If I was a Norwood coach I guess I'd already know the answers to these questions. Thanks for having a go, but my club is a little more succesful than that, and no, I'm not a coach.

Reply #353594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you are not a Norwood coach, or a coach at all and at a much more successful club then why the concern/backlash?

Reply #353597 | Report this post

bluedevil  
Years ago

Are you actually reading my posts? Where is this alleged concern/backlash? Again: wouldn't a Norwood club member already know these answers? So are you saying that nobody in SA basketball should be forming opinions unless it is about their own club?

So you must assume also that Fill Smythe is a Norwood club member because of his concern/backlash about how it is funded? I know for a fact that Fill is not from Norwood.

My questions were raised because it seems a strange appointment when you have coaches the calibre of Schroeder and Pritchard at your club. I was simply interested in whether Brenton got the job by being headhunted (which seems strange), or because he applied for it and won it. Also nobody, yourself included, has been able to post what the actual job is, which was one of my questions.

Thanks for your keen interest in my posts champ, it's nice to know you care. Good luck with the new appointment at your club though, I hope it works well for you all.

Reply #353598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA partially funded Mr Rogers. As for the new appointment all you have is upside given the current dismal girl's program. Any one shifting there for Winter?

Reply #353625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA funded Norwood's Coaching Director with taxpayer money through grants etc - FACT. S

Reply #353653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The appointment is not only for his skills but is a diplomatic appointment. If the other coach's of "caliber" were appointed then there would be a mass exodus. As it is Brenton will have to stand out as his own man and not a puppet of "caliber".

Reply #354036 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:52 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754