Years ago

rangers v boomers (spoiler)

wow - dandy's shooters shoot the lights out with a 53-37 second half....

high scoring game and quite a win for dandy as they got their season off with a patchy start - but hit form at the right time.

Topic #27750 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dandenong showed that good shooting wins games. Having a great point guard like McLeod also makes a huge difference. Thats 2 years in a row the MVP for the winning team in a GF has been a small PG (Milner last year)

Also a very impressive year from Cunningham.

How come so many of our best young SA players end up interstate (eg Cunningham, Madgen, Foley) or don't get a go here? Is it just money or unbalanced recruitment?

Reply #353725 | Report this post

Anyone hear tom maher derogatory comment in his early time out

Reply #353727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, was'nt good, he really gets "stuck in" to certain players who make mistakes- can't help their confidence. Quite a contrast to Dandy's coach.

Reply #353729 | Report this post

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

re: rangers v boomers (spoiler)

Only Madgen is a south aussie junior

Reply #353737 | Report this post

TMK  
Years ago

Maher's coaching may be unorthadox - but he gets more out of his players than any other coach in the country (last yr his team produced 3 WNBA draft picks).

The Rangers were phenominal vs the Boomers. With Jarry playing her worst game for while (both offensively and defensively), and an undercooked Sam Richards it's a wonder the margin was bigger. Macleod, Cunningham, and O'hea were all sensational - did anyone from the Rangers have a bad game?

Reply #353751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like me some Tegan Cunningham.

Reply #353760 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

O'Hea, McLeod and Cunningham were amazing...great effort by Dandy

Reply #353776 | Report this post

R2D2  
Years ago

Steph Cummings was playing really well also before the umpires made a mistake & awarded Steph her 5th foul when the foul should've been assessed to Tegan Cunningham!

Reply #353778 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

just look at oheas shooting action. so much cleaner than the jerk and heave of so many of the girls. also tegans is pretty good as well. i have no idea how girls like marino and mcleod can hit those shots at a good rate when they heave it that way.

Reply #353780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great game
absolutely loved watching it on tv
ABC has done a great job pity one hd could learn a lot

pity they are no longer a sports channel

Reply #353798 | Report this post

dude  
Years ago

Probably because the girls just use a size 6 ball. Shoot like that with a size 7 and your bricking it

Reply #353815 | Report this post

demand  
Years ago

anon 725,

Cunningham and Foley are a vic juniors

Reply #353817 | Report this post

Years ago

foley might even be nsw ?

Reply #353828 | Report this post

BBallRUS  
Years ago

Great effort by the Ranger girls but I think you forgot someone - Krista Phillips killed it. She was an anchor both defensively and offensively. I was really impressed. Dandenong won the game by not letting the boomers have any easy shots. Allison Downie doubled with Phillips to take Liz Cambage out of the game. This essentially was the key. Tegan dazzled, Steph, Jenna and Kath put the shots up and everyone played good old-fashioned D. The bench encouraged the girls on the court, so everyone played a part - what a great team effort. Go Jayco Rangers. I will be renewing my membership next year for sure:-)

Reply #354177 | Report this post

BBallRUS  
Years ago

Great effort by the Ranger girls but I think you forgot someone - Krista Phillips killed it. She was an anchor both defensively and offensively. I was really impressed. Dandenong won the game by not letting the boomers have any easy shots. Allison Downie doubled with Phillips to take Liz Cambage out of the game. This essentially was the key. Tegan dazzled, Steph, Jenna and Kath put the shots up and everyone played good old-fashioned D. The bench encouraged the girls on the court, so everyone played a part - what a great team effort. Go Jayco Rangers. I will be renewing my membership next year for sure:-)

Reply #354178 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:26 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754