Isaac
Years ago

ABL Game of the Week

OK, what's the call for Game of the Week to get the promo on the forum?

Options are:

Centrals vs Eastern
West vs Norwood
Forestville vs Southern
North vs Sturt
Woodville vs South

North vs Sturt could be a good double-header. Centrals vs Eastern would be decent in the mens, but less so with the women. West and Norwood might be even in women, but not in the men the way the Bearcats are playing. Woodville vs South will be a demolition in the womens game, but probably a good match-up in the mens (it's on Sunday too which detracts from its chances).

I haven't promoted a North home game yet I don't think. Thoughts?

Topic #2777 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

I'd go with the North v Sturt. It has a chance to be a good double header but it could also be a rout in the mens. I think that would be the best game to promote for this round as it has the best chance of 2 good games.

Reply #31478 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Why promote the North vs Sturt game? Hillcrest has got no room to accomodate all the spectators. All you are doing is bringing in hoards of people only to get turned away when they get there. Isaac, you should make a deal with the North Adelaide club that you'll promote it on the condition that they set up a temporary stand to accomodate additional spectators. I hate that stadium, its a health hazard.

Reply #31481 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Do they seriously turn people away or would it just be standing room only? I know some people hate standing, but I think the atmosphere is better, even if it is more dangerous if you choose to sit close to the court!

I think the North vs Sturt game will be closer than many expect in the mens.

(As always, if any club wants to specifically promote a game or special event, drop me an email. Round 9 is going to be Eastern vs West, and probably Sturt vs Southern on the Sunday.)

Anyway, any other suggestions?

Reply #31483 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

There would still be a limit in standing room. Sturt games are usually well attended and for that reason I don't think there will be enough room.

Reply #31484 | Report this post

my thought  
Years ago

I think next weeks game of the week should be Forestville vs South..
This weeks GOTW should go to Sturt & North.. despite the stadium, it will be the better games to attend, in both Men & Women.

Reply #31485 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Who are you kidding EC? Sturt games get poor attendence.

How big was the crowd for the South v Norwood game? That stadium isn't much better.

I say North v Sturt, good doubl-header. Doesn't clash with any football does it?

Reply #31487 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

DC, the "poor" attendance at Pasadena seems that way because there is plenty of room to move. You shift half of those people (Sturt) and move them into Hillcrest with the other half (North) and you get a very tight squeeze. A stadium seating 2,000 spectators and only having 500 is only a quarter full. A stadium seating 200 and having 500 is bursting at the seams.

Reply #31493 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

You can move any crowd into Hillcrest and pack the place.

I should rephase. Relative to their junior playing stocks Sturt I feel pull disapointing crowds.

Reply #31594 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:09 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754