ok people here we go

who is going to win friday nights Div 1 games

boys
u12 Forestville v Woodville have to go for Forestville
u14 Woodville v Sturt its Woodville for me
u16 Norwood v Sturt unfortunately think Sturt will win
u18 Forestville v Southern be a belter of a game Southern to just get up

Girls
someone else can have a go at this cos i have no idea on the girls side ;-)

Topic #27790 | Report this topic

';'  
Years ago

12 Boys Fville by 18
14 Boys Sturt by 22
16 Boys Sturt by 5
18 Boys Southern by 11

12 Girls Fville by 11
14 Girls Fville by 25
16 Girls North by 3
18 Girls Sturt by 11

Reply #354319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did u seriously write those margins in? Wowaweeee

Reply #354339 | Report this post

ol55  
Years ago

Southern will win over a severely undermanned Forestville tomorrow in 18 boys 1. Lock it in as a fact. Then the Southern crowd will be all over Hoops telling us how great they are because they won the grand final. State Champs will roll around and the cream will rise to the top. It will be a Forestville v Sturt grand final. Feel free to come back to my post in May folks.

Reply #354367 | Report this post

Nix  
Years ago

U12b Forestville by 12
U14b Sturt by 4
U16b Sturt by 15
U18b Southern by 22

Reply #354374 | Report this post

who cares  
Years ago

God
I am so over this forum especially with people now coming up with excuses to why they will lose a game before it is even played
Forestville severely undermanned, what a joke, one short little guy who didn't make state this year and in my opinion never should have over the years as when he gets court time he always gets in foul trouble with his poor excuse of a defense and some other guy who no one knows holding his hand at the Unley formal, what sort of commitment is that!!!!
chose school over sport, looks like he has decided who caes about basketball now he didn't make state and all the forestville supporters are making excuses already
In my opinion forestville were lucky with the draw to make the grand final and the real grand final was played last week { if you want to get technical the week before) roll on winter, roll on state champs yes forestville will do ok but i don't think you will find too many if any of the southern u/18 genuine supporters spruiking it up on here, they just go with the flow and keep plodding away.
P.S. cant wait to see that cream rise to the top and block your arteries or curdle LOL

Reply #354375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can a team with the two best players in the state in under 18s and one of which is now an Australian player not be touted as a good team? Astounds me!

Reply #354376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

12 Boys Forestville by 18
14 Boys Sturt by 25
16 Boys Sturt by 6
18 Boys Southern by 10

12 Girls Forestville by 11
14 Girls Forestville by 25
16 Girls North by 26
18 Girls Sturt by 18

Reply #354406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enough with the margins! It's not afl it's junior basketball! Get a life!

Reply #354420 | Report this post

sports bet  
Years ago

Maybe we can start placing bets on these games as well LOL it seems like you can just about have a bet on anything these days

Unless you play cricket on the sub continent :)

Reply #354452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I will put money on if Sturt or Forestville lose tonight the excuses will be its only summer, see what happens at state champs and the old goodie, player X wasn't playing!!

Reply #354468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its crazy to tip on juniors, get a life

Reply #354495 | Report this post

sports bet  
Years ago

Jokes Joyce

Reply #354499 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Lol @ people who tipped southern to win in the u18 boys....

Classy act by southern trying to start fights after the game. Sore losers.

Reply #354520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles it was NOT southern starting the fights!!

Reply #354527 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

I saw the game last night, bit dissapointing after all the hype about it, it wasn't a pretty game to watch
As far as class acts i think you will find, one of the kids from forrestville who didn't get selected in the state team, was the instigator of any of the trouble during and after the game, could this be the reason he wasn't selected, bad attitude !!!!!
Also rumoured to be heard an NBL referee {spectating} clearly saw what this player did at the end of the game and spoke to one of the game officials and recommended reporting him!

Reply #354531 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Observer

You are a tool!

Reply #354534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Observer isn't a tool!! He is spot on, the game was ruined by the fact that one umpire was not doing his job! But he umpires like that all the time! Forestville deserved to win the game they were the better team on the night, for Southern to come back the way they did is a credit to them. the forestville player that started the fight needs to have a good look at himself, you just won the game go celebrate with your team don't not shake people's hands then start a fight.

Reply #354535 | Report this post

Titan 46  
Years ago

Congratulations to the kids in matches who went about their tasks for themselves, team mates and coaches showing high level competitiveness and sportsmanship. It was a pleasure to watch the determination without the grandstanding. Attention seekers hopefully got what they were looking for and from whoever had not been noticing. It is a shame the worst of that was in the most senior boys and final game of the night with a good crowd watching.

Reply #354543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Number 25 from Forrestville, What a Joke! Flopped on a great box out from a southern player on a three point shot and got the foul, and then started trash talking him from behind. He couldnt even go face to face!

As for the game, the dunk at the end got Southern going! if they could of got going earlier they would of won i reckon!

Reply #354570 | Report this post

ol55  
Years ago

Imagine when Forestville are at full strength.

Reply #354573 | Report this post

different strokes  
Years ago

I wish forestville were at full strength, then southern might have won !
Bring back the short guy with bad defence who gets fouled off all the time when games are officiated properly and his prom date who no one knows !

"Watcha talkin about Willis"

Reply #354601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can somebody actually list the results from last night without the bullshit attached for all grades????

Please???

Reply #354607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U/16 Sturt boys won by 27 against norwood
U/16 North girls won by 22 against west

Reply #354610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im keen to see a copy of the game... To see what all these Southern supporters are complaining about...

Reply #354613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norths Under16D1G rule supreme-BOOYAH West!

Reply #354624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North girls down 4 to 16 at quarter time ending up winning by 20+. Pretty impressive turnaround and showing great character to not throw it in

Reply #354648 | Report this post

borat  
Years ago

please explain this "booyah" talk ?

Reply #354659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its bogan for in ya face peoples.

Reply #354663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a good effort for the north girls not to give up in the first quarter. Being down by that much can rattle your confidence. I believe it was well deserved from them to win.

Reply #354676 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Gotta love those Southern supporters. You'd think they would know how to take a loss by now.

Reply #354710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West under 16 girls are training hard to take out the winter season title.Beware everybody!

Reply #355339 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

So have they already conceded that they can't win State Champs then?

Reply #355347 | Report this post

eagles nest  
Years ago

state champs going wayville way for sure this year

just about a 75% sweep in girls state and reserve and strong showing from boys should be enough for the eagles to take the trophy.

Reply #355357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not just U/16 west girls are training hard for winter season, all teams are. It should be a very even competition for winter season

Reply #355364 | Report this post

Rhea  
Years ago

Actually only won 4 out of 8. the would be 50%.

Please go to bed so that you can concentrate at school tomorrow.

Reply #355367 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:49 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754