Confused
Years ago

Summer season grading

So SA bball has its summer season for div3 and below for grading,there are no finals. You play phases where you move up and down groups depending on whether you win or loose to be graded in the appropriate division for winter.

So how come after the summer league finishes you are aksed to nominate what division you want to be in?

So how come when you are in the top group and beating teams you end up in a lower division?

Rubbish system!!!!

Topic #27834 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree - one of our teams finishes in top two to get promoted and another team from another club finishes in the bottom of the group above us and we end up in a lower division. Seems a waste of time to me and I know the boys are unhappy and some are talking about quitting

Reply #354892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ohh and further to my comment above you hear about it so late before winter season starts there is then no tme to appeal

Reply #354893 | Report this post

Years ago

it is simple -

say 6 teams in pool A

6 in pool B

6 in pool C

6 in pool D

first 12 teams make Div 3 - next 12 make Div 4.

A team finishing bottom in pool A is always going to seed higher than any Pool B teams as the way pro/rel works is that team won critical games at some stage during earlier phases.

the reason BSA ask for nom,inations is some teams withdraw or appear for winter after summer - if i was organizing / managing a draw i would try to find out first what people want to start off with.

sounds all like it is supposed to work to me......

Reply #354909 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

when might the fixtures be out and dont tell we finals had somwe bearing on the fixtures

should be ready weeks ago - because team nominates have been in for ages.
Clubs get fines for inept admin but inept being modelled

Reply #354919 | Report this post

Years ago

you would imagine this weeks games will be up today or tomorrow

Reply #354929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still se we have North/South pools in YL D2. I know as players we generally don't like this. Is it BSA not listening to the clubs or is the the clubs not telling BSA what the players want?

Reply #354956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One team per div.

Simple - Plus finals.

Having three teams from one club is a joke.

North South Joke.

Stop the stupid system also kids will move clubs so it makes a bad system worse.

As for 12 teams per div way too many. 10 per div please stop the 2-3 teams per club.....

Reply #354966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We have the system of

6 teams in pool A North and 6 teams in pool A south

6 in pool B North and 6 teams in pool B south

6 in pool C North and 6 teams in pool C south

6 in pool D North and 6 teams in pool D south

The summer pro/rel is just south pool teams moving up and down within their pools and the north teams moving up and down in their pools

With no cross over matches the system is completely artificial - the top teams in pool B north during summer could be stronger then some/all of the pool A teams in south pool and yet no one will ever know as there are insufficient weeks to the summer season to work it out.

If you are going to have a system - be it pools, pro/rel whatever to determine gradings etc - make it sensible and logical otherwise it is a waste time/money and adds to frustration of players/parents/families - net result - people walk away from playing.

Reply #354970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

for your information there are clubs that have been telling BasketballSA that U23s and seniors generally are not in favour of north/south pools nor the promotion/relegation

Reply #354973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fix it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #354992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Until two things happen, the system will never work like it does in Victoria, which is where I presume the original idea came from.

1. Div 1 seniors needs to come back in the summer season.
2. Promotion/relegation needs to start at div 1 and then stream down to div 6 (excluding ABL).

ATM, a lot of ABL players play div 2 in the summer season, come winter these players play ABL. Which then usually means div 3 players get moved to div 2 and so on. Making this current system absolute waste of time. There are a few div 3 teams that qualified during summer, and are now a lot different than the same team that qualified during summer.

The other thing that doesn't make sense to me is that every member club is guarenteed a div 1 position if they wish. How is not promotion/relegation? I believe if a club is not competitive enough to enter a div 1 team in, then that opportunity should given to another club that developes their juniors better and has a div 2 team that are better than these weaker div 1 teams (max 2 team per club in div 1 and div 2).

Reply #355444 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754