BJF
Years ago

Steve Hoare announces his retirement

Sounds like the ex Tiger and current Blaze member will be announcing his retirement today. One of the leagues great glue guys.

Topic #27849 | Report this topic

hoopie  
Years ago

wish he'd come back to the Tigers for one last season

Reply #355223 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Blaze have a player announcement at 11:30 and this could well be it.

Tigers should not have let this guy go when they did.

Remember when the 36ers were chasing him?

ETA:

After an EPIC career including over 450 games @hoarey34 today announced that season 2011/12 will be his last in the @NBL.

Reply #355248 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Steven Hoare really got his frist big break with the West Sydney Razorbacks and I had remembered him playing a couple games sparingly with the North Melbourne Giants. I then saw him play in a preseason game playing in Toowoomba in the Razorbacks first season and I told John Rille how impressed I was with him. John Rillie was also very complimentary about him. Not surprised he lasted in the league this long. Good luck to him.

Reply #355294 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Yep great career. To start all those years throughout the Copeland/Gaze era shows his worth!

Reply #355295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is one of, if not THE, nicest guys in the league!

Great career Sneaky!

Reply #355296 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

One of my favourite all-time Tigers. I never understood why they let him go. He wasn't spectacular, but was always a reliable role player. Glue. I appreciate genuine team players, and Hoare was just that.

Reply #355324 | Report this post

Step back  
Years ago

Only good things to say about this guy

Reply #355335 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:48 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754