Isaac
Years ago

Taipans keep Fearne for three years

Great reward for a strong effort this season. Also nice to see him stay up there rather than bail for a bigger city.

Fearne, who took the Taipans to a grand final and came agonisingly close to making the top-four this season, was expected to draw plenty of interest from rival NBL clubs.

But he only had eyes for the Taipans.

"I have had the taste for success over the past two seasons and I want this club to be able to taste the champagne as champions in the next few years," he said in a statement sent to The Cairns Post yesterday.

"So even though this season we may not be able to go past this Friday night, I am already looking forward to continually improving the playing group and the club in the next three years."
The Taipans only have Loughton and Rychart signed beyond this year and are looking to get a few more signatures soon.

Topic #27861 | Report this topic

Big Ads  
Years ago

3 years.........that can be a long time in basketball terms but I guess he's got a NBL Grand Final appearance on his CV.

I wonder if Cairns had to give him an extra year to prevent him from leaving for a bigger market team.

Reply #355473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know what they gave him but thank god we kept him. He is such a good fit for our club . What he has achieved in the last 3 years is fantastic People forget Cairns only spends $850000 of the cap to remain viable. $ 150000 buy a lot of depth that at times it shows we don't have . Ferney has the ability as a coach to get the best out of our roster.

Reply #355497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And coach the most boringest 2!!!

Reply #355507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good signing. Fearne has done a good job with average rosters

Reply #355516 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:03 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754