boykins rulz
Years ago

Earl Boykins appreciation thread

boykins is the best player in the nba. if you can be 5 foot 5 and average over 12 points a game in the nab u are the best. and if you dont think so say sompthing now cuz u r crazy. and if you do think boykins got game say y!!

DENVER ALL THE WAY IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic #2794 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

I think if Jordan was 5 ft 5 he would still get his 30ppg

Reply #31756 | Report this post

boykins rulz  
Years ago

he was the best. but i think it would be around 18 to 22 not 30.

you gotta remember jordan scored a lot on his dunks and getting above the rim

Reply #31758 | Report this post

qwerty  
Years ago

but jordan was a legend, the best to play the game so you cant count that.

Reply #31759 | Report this post

Years ago

do you think that shaq would of even gone to collage if he was 5ft5. i dont think so.

boykins has got an amazing shot. like 90 sumpthin percent on free throws, thats good!

Reply #31760 | Report this post

boykins rulz  
Years ago

actualy he is the second best freethrow shooter in the nba at 92 percent behind reggie miller who has 93 percent.

Reply #31761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boykins also holds the NBA record for most points in overtime: 15 points

Reply #31763 | Report this post

badger  
Years ago

Yep he is good.. Love all the short players cos they must have amazing skills to make it to the NBA. Muggsy Bogues for example, the guy couldn't shoot but he was an awesome passer and he was only 5 foot 3.

Reply #31780 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Spud Webb was only 5"8' and WON the dunk comp (late eighties some time). He is an NBA legend!

Reply #31781 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Most points in overtime ? 15 really .. i thought Reggie Miller might have that one ! although a lot of his 4th qtrs would account for that !!

Reply #31783 | Report this post

shapes  
Years ago

I agree that Earl Boykins is an awesom player. The guy is a tank and even with his height no one can post him up. He is a role model for the short ballers around the world and shows how anyone can make it if they work hard enough and dont let people hold them back.

Reply #31826 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

First of I think that Earl Boykin's is a great player but how can you compare him to Michael Jordan or Magic. I no that if they were Earls size it may have been a different story but you can't say, if because it didn't happen. Anyway my pick for the best small player ever would have to be Spud Webb not only did he have a cool name but that guy was one of the best players going around at that time.

Reply #31834 | Report this post

D'Mac  
Years ago

i cant beleive Boykins was used in the same text as jordan. yea boykins is pretty good but against jordan cumon!

Reply #31840 | Report this post

boykins rulz  
Years ago

i think that if boykins was spuds height he could jam too, cus he can get rim now.

and bootleg is rite you cant say if jordan was his height he would be just as good. (i dont know if jordan would of even made it to the nba if he was 5ft50)

Reply #31895 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Boykins is an animal. That man got some pretty mad game. On his night he can light it up pretty well!!!

Reply #31898 | Report this post

boykins rulz  
Years ago

if they let him play more or started him he would score way more. when he started in collage his average was 26 points per game

(he can bench 315 pounds. i think that is more than shaq but i dont know)

Reply #31914 | Report this post

boykins rulz  
Years ago

if you want a boykins jersey go to www.finishline.com then clik on fan shop, go to denver and there it is. (they have it in white or blue) if the sizes dont fit you try kids sizes.

P.S is isnt a crapy one either it is a stitched swingman.

Reply #31919 | Report this post

Buddha  
Years ago

I hate the price of NBA jerseys, it makes me cry

Reply #31932 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

"do you think that shaq would of even gone to collage if he was 5ft5"

your saying that thinking shaq qould still be a center.

all the great players make great players of themelves with whatver natural advantages are given to them.

if shaq was 5ft5 then he would work hard and be one of the best pgs in the league. All the great ones have the same mindset of competitivness and hard work.

Reply #32004 | Report this post

boykins rulz  
Years ago

i bet shaq works on his shot more than a lot of centers because he doesn't have good hand eye coaridination*, and he said that himself. your size can effect your shot but i dont think shaq yuld of had much better of a shot.

Reply #32023 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Little Boykins currently has 30 points against the Spurs in game 4!

Reply #32412 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

spud webb was the laughing stock of the dunk comp back when he was against dominque and some other randoms.he won it cause his heart is bigger than jordans head.

Reply #32807 | Report this post

Peter Piper  
Years ago

Earl Boykins recorded a career high 32 points in game four against the Spurs in a loss. Other than Ginobli he is one of the best sixth men in the league.

Reply #32808 | Report this post

derrick pannell  
Years ago

i think earl boykins and muggsy bogues are the best players in the nba beacause they have a big heart and they can relate to me beacause i am short and we are on the basketball team

Reply #36478 | Report this post

Devin  
Years ago

I love to watch people like Earl Boykins and Mugsy Bogues play and use their quickness to their advantages and play with their heart and always have fun doing something they love like basketball and don't care what size they are.

Reply #38044 | Report this post

nyles houston  
Years ago

im 14 and im 4feet and 11 inches, and average 26 ppg, and 8 assists.Thats the shortest by 6 inches in my league. I wouldnt have even thought about playin ball until i saw boykins playin in the nba.i just wanna meet him some day to show him i got sum skills to.

Reply #45349 | Report this post

Years ago

earl is a big inspiration to all small bballers

Reply #45363 | Report this post

David N  
Years ago

Earl Boykins in my opinion could be MVP if he just scored more consistantly... he is more shadowed bye Andre Miller who isn't a better pg the Earl Boykins he averages a lil less then Andre does but but how many inches does Andre Miller have over Earl Boykins

Earl Boykins
Denver Nuggets
Position: G
Height: 5-5 Weight: 133
College : Eastern Michigan
Player file | Team stats

2004-05 Statistics
PPG 12.4
RPG 1.7
APG 4.5
SPG .95
BPG .15
FG% .413
FT% .921
3P% .337
MPG 26.4

Andre Miller
Denver Nuggets
Position: G
Height: 6-2 Weight: 200
College : Utah
Player file | Team stats

2004-05 Statistics
PPG 13.6
RPG 4.1
APG 6.9
SPG 1.48
BPG .10
FG% .477
FT% .838
3P% .154
MPG 34.8

Reply #48184 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Check Andre's past performances, i believe he led the league in assists 2 seasons ago. (Correct me if im wrong)

Reply #50099 | Report this post

52-cans  
Years ago

earl boykins averages more blocks per game than andre miller :|

Reply #50170 | Report this post

Allan  
Years ago

Earl boykins is amazing.If sold by the pound he would be the best ever. You measure the greatness of a player by his contribution to his team Basketball is a team game and greatness can only be measured by his effect on his teams success.Boykins is a great team player,Jordan was one of the best, no matter who you put around him he made them successful. But the epidomy of team play and in my opinion the most valuble player of all times is Bill Russell.

Reply #62546 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Nah allan.......It has to be the Big O....Oscar Robertson

In his second season in the League he Avg'd a Triple Double for the ENTIRE Season

30.8ppg
12.5 Reb
11.4 Assists

Not even Players like Magic or Bird could even match him in that regards

Reply #62632 | Report this post

Years ago

Considering Earl Boykins is 5'5' the size of a halfback in the NRL competition ... and two foot smaller than Yao Ming ... he is to be commended for his efforts ... a player should never be measure by his size but what he brings to the team as a team player. Earl Boykins for his size obviously does so.

Reply #62822 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

I saw Earl Boykins play against the kings a few months ago in Denver and he was definatley my favourite he was carving it up. Go the small players!!!

Reply #63440 | Report this post

"its not how big u are ... its how big you play" earl boykins really brings that quote to life.. he's my role model I"m 14 and i'm only 4'10' awesome

Reply #67110 | Report this post

Howard Goldberg  
Years ago

Would you like to be featured in a nationally televised documentary film? We're looking for ardent fans of Earl Boykins. You must be willing to explain to us why Boykins is an inspiration to you. It helps also if you collect Boykins stuff, photos, jerseys etc...send your contact info to [email protected]

Reply #92423 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Wont the doco be rather short?

(Mod: Brockman, don't you have anything to do besides sit around thinking of jokes for the forum?! I need a lackey to run down and buy me lunch and some Vs!)

Reply #92532 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

gold Kent...gold.

Reply #92537 | Report this post

eliesa  
Years ago

Dear Earl Boykins

I am a student in a sport class what am I doing for the term in my school is learning about sports.

1.Now you have retired what do you do?

2.How long have you been playing basketball before you retired?

3.How much days in a week did you use to train when you played basketball?

4.what was it like when you play basketball?

5.What to you do after the basketball game?

Reply #105360 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Earl Boykins hasn't retired! In fact, he had 28 points and 7 assists just last week!

Reply #105362 | Report this post

Years ago

As far as guys below 5'10" go, I think Boykins comes second only to Tyrone "Muggsy" Bogues in the history of the NBA. Anthony "Spud" Webb would be third in my opinion. Another that is forgotten (because he only played 3 NBA seasons) is Keith Jennings. He went 5'7", 160lbs.

If you go between 5'10" and 6'0", then you have to start including guys like Michael Adams, Damon Stoudamire, Travis Best, Terrell Brandon, Avery Johnson and Brevin Knight in the argument.

Larry Brown was a pretty good player back in the old ABA as well. He went 5'9", 160lb.

Tyrone Bogues
7.7 ppg
2.6 rpg
7.6 apg
1.5 spg
28.6 mpg

Earl Boykins
9.0 ppg
1.3 rpg
3.3 apg
0.6 spg
19.8 mpg

Anthony Webb
9.9 ppg
2.1 rpg
5.3 apg
1.1 spg
24.9 mpg

Keith Jennings
6.6ppg
1.5 rpg
3.7 apg
1.0 spg
18.0 mpg

Larry Brown
11.2 ppg
2.7 rpg
6.7 apg
30.1 mpg

Reply #105389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Earl Boykins is a true balla. He is rakking up 20 a game. He cant be stopped.

Reply #113066 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

for me its mugsy, spud and Boykins

But Boykins has the ability, and now packing a punch with the Iverson trade

He has had 20+ in the last 2 games off the bench

Reply #113126 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anyone know where i can get a eastern mich jersey for boykins?

Reply #114902 | Report this post

liljosh  
Years ago

I don't care what you say about my boy Earl. Comparing him to Michael Jordan and crap. So what he's 5'5 and barely 160 lbs, I'm just barely 5'0 and I'm a great PG

Reply #129614 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

I don't care what pepole think about
the best and smallest #11 PG earl boykin's. He is my boy, and who cares if he went to miwaulke he is good anyware.

Reply #130937 | Report this post

jason  
Years ago

where is earl now? I don't see him on any rosters. I just wanna know where he went from last year

Reply #155273 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

New York Knicks.

Reply #155327 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

He's back - Bobcats have signed Boykins for the remainder of the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3224526

Reply #170235 | Report this post

keeyuania  
Years ago

Muggsy was the best. my bruh loved him to death.But now he is gone and his legend goes on. I MISS U BRUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #216842 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:53 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754