Years ago

36ers in the SANFL

Seems to be an ever growing list.

Hoban
Molitor
Dodman
Mottram?

+ Brogan in AFL.

Are there any others playing? Why are they all ex 6ers and no ex nblers from other teams?

Topic #27947 | Report this topic

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Because why is a struggling NBLer from townsville going to play Sanfl...

Reply #356556 | Report this post

lollipop  
Years ago

I meant footy in general. Eg vfl/wafl/qafl/neafl/afl.

Reply #356557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh Jenkins was a Townsville development player who is on the Crows list.

I think Ryan Bathie is still on Geelong's list. Former Melbourner Tiger I believe.

As for others I cant think of any, but im sure there would be many fringe players (eg; Hoban, Molitor, Dodman) who have made the code switch.

Reply #356581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Molitor & Dodman are no longer on SANFL lists. Hoban (Eagles) & Mottram (Westies) are.

Also former 36er Matt Illman quit basketball and then played briefly in the SANFL (Westies) and last I heard he was playing for Edwardstown in the amateur comp but not sure if he's still playing or not.

Reply #356588 | Report this post

dinga  
Years ago

Florance ex-Noralunga, AIS, Trained with the sixers spent a couple of the years with the Northern bullants in the VFL and is now playing in a Melbourne mertopolitan league. Not sure who

Reply #356628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After pendlebury got drafted out of sale (played for aus as a 15yr old and was averaging nearly 30ppg in u16 nationals) , rhys carter also from sale decided to try and crack the afl, playing a year in the vfl.. Before returning back to play Aba/bigv with Latrobe city and then signing with south dragons

Reply #356636 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

I wouldn't consider Dodman a 36er who went to the SANFL, if anything it's the other way around

Reply #356649 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

David Smith (6th man for tigers a few years back) walked out to try his hand at AFL. Dont know how far he went though ...

Reply #356702 | Report this post

is it interesting that both pendelbury and jack watts were tipped to be future boomers, but both decided against joining the AIS (then coached by marty clarke) and are now afl stars !!!

Reply #357035 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Well, Pendlebury is anyway.

Reply #357039 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

Clarke (Not sure of first name was a ruckman for Crows and the Lions was starting centre for Mt Gambier in Seabl and I think had a game or 2 for the 36rs a number of years ago.

Reply #357419 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

David Smith played VFL for Box Hill and had limited success, playing mostly reserves from memory. Was a decent reserves player though, so he wasnt a complete spud at footy.

Reply #357421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most players running around in the VFL are spuds!

Reply #357432 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:18 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754