WARRANDYTE PAYING IMPORT Chibuzo TO PLAY MMBL?

Warrandyte Basketball Association seem to have much more money than anyone thought. They are currently paying players to play in their MMBL midweek team.

Chibuzo Elonu is playing MMBL for Warrandyte this season and he is on the payroll for their Div 1 team. Are they paying him to play MMBL as well?

Hopefully for Warrandyte this import will not get injured like his predecessor was.

I just can not work out why you would have such an important player to your team which needs as much energy and help as it can get from its stars and coaching staff playing in the MMBL.

This league is full of Youth League 2 teams and it seems like he should be trying to help his Div 1 team get over the line every week rather than wasting his time playing this competition.

Hopefully the coaching staff at Warrandyte can get some kind of control over their players before Chibuzo Elonu is injured and put on the sideline from playing a low level competition.

I just want to see Warrandyte have some success this year and without Chibuzo I don't know if we'll be able to.

Topic #27961 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

plenty of BigV players play midweek domestic/local basketball. Which in reality is about the standard of the MMBL.. should no harm done

Reply #356753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True, but not people who get brought in from overseas to play.

This is a joke i can't believe Warrandyte are letting him do this, they need every bit of energy to get a win in the BigV. Seems a bit strange to have your import play this league and risk the rest of the season too.

Assuming they can string together some games.

Reply #356770 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Ballarat were making there imports play midweek in Premier League. I think its crazy when your playing against domestic guys who might take you out.....

Reply #356792 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Can't believe the coach of Warrandyte would let him do that. No wonder they aren't winning games with coaching moves like this.

Reply #356799 | Report this post

Boomer  
Years ago

The guy came in at the last minute, literally has been in the country the whole of a couple of weeks. Maybe they just wanted to get some minutes under his belt so he settles faster into their Big V team?

Reply #356810 | Report this post

Harvey  
Years ago

fairly sure his playing with some of the Youth League 2 guys in there, and then just some random kids that are trying to get a game.

Reply #356811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Boomer
how will playing with kids help him settle in?

Let him play at his level rather than risk getting taken out in that League. Could be very embarrassing for Warrandyte.

Reply #356829 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

After throwing fort know at this season Warrandyte are taking a bit of a risk seeing that they haven't had a smooth start.

He looks like a solid player, and it would be a pity to have a 2nd import go down as it would de-rail the Warrandyte season.

Reply #356962 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754