AMAZIN
Years ago

Cairns Taipans re-sign Jamar Wilson for two years

They just tweeted it not long ago
@CairnsSports: @CairnsTaipans have a major announcement tomorrow morning. press conference and everything. must be big!

Topic #27980 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Hmm... What could it be?
Few options I can think of.
New sponsor.
Re-Signed Wilson.
Rychart retiring. (most likely I think).
Re-Signed Loughton/Crosswhite/Fearne.
Can't think of anything else. Grabau is already signed. Noone else would be a major announcement.

Reply #357038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai?

Reply #357040 | Report this post

moo moo  
Years ago

just a guess , my money would be on wilson re-signing or a new centre, dont know who...

Reply #357042 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rychart wouldn't retire yet, surely? Still signed, I think.

Reply #357044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dean Brebner has re-signed? Teams do this every offseason yet you can count on one hand the actual amount of major announcements made last offseason.

Reply #357045 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

one of two things....re-signing wilson or the big fella from bamaga is coming home.......really the only two things that could warrant an announcement like that.
unless of course it is just a season ticket pushing fizzer!!

Reply #357047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai is returning to the NBL

Reply #357053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucas Agrums comeback!

Reply #357056 | Report this post

taipanman  
Years ago

I would jizz my pants if we get Jawai back, starting pf next to crosswhite, loughton off the bench?

Reply #357057 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

just heard it is a 're-signing' announcement.

maybe it is a double header of wilson and warren??

Reply #357068 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wilson to come back I reckon.

Can't imagine they would want Warren back given his lack of consistency.

Put Wilson and Loughton together and go get a stud import scorer and you have the makings of a nice starting 5.

Reply #357071 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Gleeson to return to Cairns?

Reply #357099 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gleeson was at Townsville.

Wilson and Rychart seem to be implying that Wilson is going to the Tigers, but I'm guessing that it's a late April 1 gag.

Reply #357101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nate is earning almost 1mm Euro tax free at present. Cant see him returning for a while

Reply #357105 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Grabau is actually the king of Sri Lanka?

Reply #357106 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Anybody know what happened at the press conference?

Reply #357126 | Report this post

Cally  
Years ago

Wahooooo ............. BEST NEWS EVER .... Jamar back for TWO seasons ................ "OUR man Jdubbs "the man" ......... Go Taipans

Reply #357127 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In a major coup for the Skytrans Cairns Taipans, livewire import point guard Jamar Wilson has signed with the club for the next two seasons.

The announcement took place today at Cairns ZOOm - an exciting new soft adventure attraction scheduled to open in July at the Cairns Wildlife Dome, which is part of the Woodward family CaPTA group.. As part of the Joe Blake Early Bird "Spend to the Cap" contribution, Cairns ZOOm directly assisted in securing Jamar as the point guard for the Taipans for the next two seasons.

Wilson had an outstanding individual season for the Snakes, leading the team in scoring and assists in his first season in Australia and also finished 2nd overall to league MVP Kevin Lisch.

Reply #357133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easy with the Jdubbs bit, i thought those nicknames died with Jacob Holmes's J-Diddy haha

Cngratulations to the Taipans for signing a very solid import to a multi year contract. Lets face it, the imports make the average fan take notice, so to have them here more than one season has always made for return fans. Im sick of getting to know an import only to see new ones every single season. Wish there was more of these type of import signings.

Reply #357143 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Is Jawai from Bamaga? With a population of 785 he would have had to spend a lot of time away from home to reach the level of basketball that he has. I've been up to Cape York and I have to admit I did see a couple of houses with a plastic crate nailed to the top of a post to use as a makeshift basketball hoop. I wonder if one of these was the Jawai family home?

Reply #357204 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:04 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754